Board index » cppbuilder » Free TurboPower Utility for Converting BCB 3 Projects to BCB 4

Free TurboPower Utility for Converting BCB 3 Projects to BCB 4

Hey, look at me! I'm crossposting! (Well, sort of...)

* FREE UTILITY FOR C++BUILDER 4 NOW AVAILABLE
http://www.turbopower.com/products/tpconvert/
If you're making the move from C++Builder 3 to C++Builder 4 you'll
definitely want our new TurboPower Project Converter by your side.

This important FREE utility takes the headaches out of upgrading to
C++Builder 4 by helping to convert your C++Builder 3 projects
successfully.

What's It Do?
Borland C++Builder 4 introduced a new property for forms called
OldCreateOrder. This property has to do with the way creation and
destruction of a form is handled. OldCreateOrder should be set to false
for all C++Builder 4 projects.

When you open a C++Builder 3 project in C++Builder 4, the IDE will
convert the project to version 4 format. Unfortunately, the
OldCreateOrder property is set to true during this process. This can
lead to all sorts of problems including access violations in your
application.

The TurboPower Project Converter modifies your form files and sets the
OldCreateOrder property to false. This allows you to fix all forms in
your project without the need to manually open each form and set its
OldCreateOrder property via the Object Inspector.

The Project Converter is particularly useful for projects that contain
a large number of forms.

You can download the Project Converter FREE from our web site now.
Just go to http://www.turbopower.com/products/tpconvert/.

The Project Converter is free. While we are not offering support for it
you can post comments or questions about it to the Non-Technical
newsgroups on our news server, news.turbopower.com.

--
Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

 

Re:Free TurboPower Utility for Converting BCB 3 Projects to BCB 4


Please Kent pick one newsgroup that seems most likely to answer your
question. But I think in this case its just spam.....<g,d&r>
-goldilocks
Quote
Kent Reisdorph (TeamB) wrote:
> Hey, look at me! I'm crossposting! (Well, sort of...)

> * FREE UTILITY FOR C++BUILDER 4 NOW AVAILABLE
> http://www.turbopower.com/products/tpconvert/
> If you're making the move from C++Builder 3 to C++Builder 4 you'll
> definitely want our new TurboPower Project Converter by your side.

> This important FREE utility takes the headaches out of upgrading to
> C++Builder 4 by helping to convert your C++Builder 3 projects
> successfully.

> What's It Do?
> Borland C++Builder 4 introduced a new property for forms called
> OldCreateOrder. This property has to do with the way creation and
> destruction of a form is handled. OldCreateOrder should be set to false
> for all C++Builder 4 projects.

> When you open a C++Builder 3 project in C++Builder 4, the IDE will
> convert the project to version 4 format. Unfortunately, the
> OldCreateOrder property is set to true during this process. This can
> lead to all sorts of problems including access violations in your
> application.

> The TurboPower Project Converter modifies your form files and sets the
> OldCreateOrder property to false. This allows you to fix all forms in
> your project without the need to manually open each form and set its
> OldCreateOrder property via the Object Inspector.

> The Project Converter is particularly useful for projects that contain
> a large number of forms.

> You can download the Project Converter FREE from our web site now.
> Just go to http://www.turbopower.com/products/tpconvert/.

> The Project Converter is free. While we are not offering support for it
> you can post comments or questions about it to the Non-Technical
> newsgroups on our news server, news.turbopower.com.

> --
> Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

Re:Free TurboPower Utility for Converting BCB 3 Projects to BCB 4


Quote
On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 02:17:22 -0800, Jeff C <sar...@cruzio.com> wrote:
>Please Kent pick one newsgroup that seems most likely to answer your
>question. But I think in this case its just spam.....<g,d&r>
>-goldilocks

C'mon!  You should know Kent a little.  If I see things right, he has
posted to the IDE and ThirdPartyTools groups, both adequate.  And he
has posted the core substance along with the advertising of their
tool.  I think we all can live with that.

Cheers,                     Jochen

************************************
Hans-Jochen Trost, Ph.D.
MicroFab Technologies, Inc.
1104 Summit Ave., Suite 110
Plano, TX 75074, USA
Phone:  (1)(972) 578-8076
Fax:    (1)(972) 423-2438
E-mail: hjtr...@microfab.com
Company home page:
   http://www.microfab.com
************************************

Re:Free TurboPower Utility for Converting BCB 3 Projects to BCB 4


Quote
>>If I see things right, he has posted to the IDE and ThirdPartyTools

groups, both adequate.

And non-tech.<b>

Quote
>>And he has posted the core substance along with the advertising of their

tool.  I think we all can live with that.

Just so you know, I know Jeff very well so he was just taking an opportunity
to give me a hard time. All in fun.

--
Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

Re:Free TurboPower Utility for Converting BCB 3 Projects to BCB 4


On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:19:22 GMT, dont-em...@but.post-re.ply (Hans-Jochen

Quote
Trost) wrote:
>> I think in this case its just spam.....<g,d&r>
>C'mon!  You should know Kent a little.  

In case you missed it, the "g,d&r" stands for
"grinning, ducking & running".

--
Wayne A. King
(ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,
 wak...@idirect.com, Wayne_A_K...@compuserve.com)

Re:Free TurboPower Utility for Converting BCB 3 Projects to BCB 4


On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 03:03:24 GMT, wak...@idirect.com (Wayne A. King)
wrote:

Quote
>In case you missed it, the "g,d&r" stands for
>"grinning, ducking & running".

Of course, I did   =:&

Cheers,               Jochen

************************************
Hans-Jochen Trost, Ph.D.
MicroFab Technologies, Inc.
1104 Summit Ave., Suite 110
Plano, TX 75074, USA
Phone:  (1)(972) 578-8076
Fax:    (1)(972) 423-2438
E-mail: hjtr...@microfab.com
Company home page:
   http://www.microfab.com
************************************

Re:Free TurboPower Utility for Converting BCB 3 Projects to BCB 4


Hi Kent,

You got a fix for BCB4 IDE always going relative when BCB3 is global.

None of my old projects compile for this reason.  Bother!

Quote
Kent Reisdorph (TeamB) wrote in message <7c71pt$jr...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hey, look at me! I'm crossposting! (Well, sort of...)

>* FREE UTILITY FOR C++BUILDER 4 NOW AVAILABLE
>http://www.turbopower.com/products/tpconvert/
>If you're making the move from C++Builder 3 to C++Builder 4 you'll
>definitely want our new TurboPower Project Converter by your side.

[Snip]
Quote
>Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

Re:Free TurboPower Utility for Converting BCB 3 Projects to BCB 4


On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:09:26 +1000, "Terry Hendicott" <ht...@bigpond.com>
wrote:

Quote
>You got a fix for BCB4 IDE always going relative when BCB3 is global.

>None of my old projects compile for this reason.  Bother!

Terry,  I have tried to re-create the condition you described in another
thread and have not been able to do so.  I know there is a bug in the BCB3
IDE which can muck-up a project file if you include full paths and perform
a File->Save As...  I have built a simple project in BCB3,  and modified
the project to use full paths in the project options,  in the include paths
(for local include files) and in the UseUnit() lines.  The project converts
and compiles flawlessly in BCB4 for me.

I it possible that you are actually experiencing the BCB3 IDE bug rather
than a BCB4 bug?

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
Jerry Bloomfield                                     JersW...@wwa.com
Proud Member of Inprise's TeamB
"We'll do anything if you don't pay us."

Other Threads