(bcb1.0) Fatal Linker Error Failed to create map file "c:\project1.tds" error code 0

Does anybody know how to get rid of the unable to create map file error. It
just suddenly appeared and now i cant compile any of my projects at all...
they all give me a unable to create map file error...

Please i need help.....

I cant go on in life with out bcb...!

Re:(bcb1.0) Fatal Linker Error Failed to create map file "c:\project1.tds" error code 0

> Does anybody know how to get rid of the unable to create map file error. It
> just suddenly appeared and now i cant compile any of my projects at all...
> they all give me a unable to create map file error...

It was a bug in the first version of BCB1.  Download the patches and it
should go away.  Also, here's some advice from Sam Azer:

> First, you should exit BCB and delete the *.il? and *.csm files in your
> ?\CBuilder\Bin directory.

> It doesn't hurt to delete *.csm and *.#?? files in your ?\CBuilder\Lib
> directory.

> Next, you should delete the *.il?, *.csm and *.obj files in your project
> directory -- they're probably not okay either.

> Before you restart BCB, select "Run" from the Start button, and run this
> command:

> ?\Cbuilder\Bin\Bcb.exe -deflink

> It will recreate the deflink.il? files in the ?\Cbuilder\Bin directory. All
> the other files are recreated automatically.

> This comes up from time to time, so I find it's easier to make a little
> batch file to do the job whenever necessary. You can also put the main
> batch file (to delete your projects' linker files,) in your Tools directory
> (Tools | Configure Tools | Add.) Note that you have to close-all to unlock
> the *.il? files.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)    |
| Senior Engineer           Roger Wagner Publishing |
| http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy{*word*180}ing your
 face." -- Ben Williams

Re:(bcb1.0) Fatal Linker Error Failed to create map file "c:\project1.tds" error code 0

Did you get the patch for BCB1 from inprise?
Try deleting all the *.il? files from the project directory. Then do a
Build all. If that doesn't do it, delete all the *.il? files from the
/bin directory and try again.

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 02:04:17 GMT, lync...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>Does anybody know how to get rid of the unable to create map file error. It
>just suddenly appeared and now i cant compile any of my projects at all...
>they all give me a unable to create map file error...

>Please i need help.....

>I cant go on in life with out bcb...!

>http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp   Create Your Own Free Member Forum

Ken Moffat
kmof...@halcyon.com

Re:(bcb1.0) Fatal Linker Error Failed to create map file "c:\project1.tds" error code 0

Hello,

lync...@my-dejanews.com schreef in artikel
<6p65n1$8b...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> Does anybody know how to get rid of the unable to create map file error.
It
> just suddenly appeared and now i cant compile any of my projects at
all...
> they all give me a unable to create map file error...

Well, you've gotten some advise already, but if you have the patches and
did a "build all" after deleting the files mentioned in Ken's post, and the
problem still persists, you could go to options/project tab linker and
switch the incremental linker off. That did it for me when I got this error
after toying around with some DirectX stuff.

> Please i need help.....

Hope that did it... ;-))

--
Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam