hello again and again my friends !

Hello again my friends!
I have an other problem with bcb 1 !!!!!!!!! This time its really
weird.......... Here's what appenned:

1. I create and compile a very big appl.
2. everything works fine.
3. I open my project.
4. make modifs
5. everything works fine.
6. I shutdown and go to sleep
7. I wake up.....kiss my girl...go to my pc........run builder
8. Open my prj.....run it and BOUMMMMMMMM. Everything crashes.....
9. I go in the dir......the myprj.exe from yesterday his still there
and    working but the prj wont work in the ide.........
10. I check my code......everything is fine.........compile again....
11. BOUMMMM
12. So now I trace and look at everything and BADABOUMMM WWindows95
crashes...
13. So I go back ( after reboothing of course... ;-) ) to my folder
and     ohhh my good the exe his still there and working fine......
14. So now I come here and ask all my brothers "Did any of u ever seen
something like that ???"

15. u guys tell me to delete the *.il* files and obj .
16. I tell u quys did that......does not work....
17. What next ?

Re:hello again and again my friends !

I've seen the same thing, diong a build all has always solved it for me.  It
has happened in both BCB1 & 3 to me.  I've gotten in a habit of doign a build
all first thing each day.

Jeff Overcash

Re:hello again and again my friends !

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:24:48 -0500, Matzerath <matzer...@videotron.ca>
wrote:

>7. I wake up.....kiss my girl...go to my pc........run builder

Ah, there's your problem - you're not paying undivided attention to
your PC. They get jealous.

Re:hello again and again my friends !

<VBG>

Michael Warner schrieb in Nachricht <35e722e5.1499...@forums.inprise.com>...

wrote:

>Hello again my friends!
>I have an other problem with bcb 1 !!!!!!!!! This time its really
>weird.......... Here's what appenned:

>1. I create and compile a very big appl.
>2. everything works fine.
>3. I open my project.
>4. make modifs
>5. everything works fine.
>6. I shutdown and go to sleep
>7. I wake up.....kiss my girl...go to my pc........run builder
>8. Open my prj.....run it and BOUMMMMMMMM. Everything crashes.....
>9. I go in the dir......the myprj.exe from yesterday his still there
>and    working but the prj wont work in the ide.........
>10. I check my code......everything is fine.........compile again....
>11. BOUMMMM
>12. So now I trace and look at everything and BADABOUMMM WWindows95
>crashes...
>13. So I go back ( after reboothing of course... ;-) ) to my folder
>and     ohhh my good the exe his still there and working fine......
>14. So now I come here and ask all my brothers "Did any of u ever seen
>something like that ???"

Yup, had a similar one today.  Had one form that decided to minimize
whenever I returned from another (ShowModal) form.  Spent about 2
hours trying to figure out what happened since I hadn't been working
on that particular form.  I finally got smart and rebooted - end of
problem.  Win 95; don'tcha just love it.

>15. u guys tell me to delete the *.il* files and obj .
>16. I tell u quys did that......does not work....
>17. What next ?

Re:hello again and again my friends !

Yej well that did not solve my problem............I did reboot a hundred
time and my project still wont run in the ide.....cause when I compile
he creates a exe and that exe his ok.....but when it runs in builder
BADABOUM ! he he he I just love BOUMs !!!!
By the way windows 95 SUUUUCKS !
So I'm still locking for help......
Matz

ps: I stoped kissing my girl and my pc does run a little faster !

Roy Strachan wrote:
> Yup, had a similar one today.  Had one form that decided to minimize
> whenever I returned from another (ShowModal) form.  Spent about 2
> hours trying to figure out what happened since I hadn't been working
> on that particular form.  I finally got smart and rebooted - end of
> problem.  Win 95; don'tcha just love it.

Re:hello again and again my friends !

> Yej well that did not solve my problem............I did reboot a hundred
> time and my project still wont run in the ide.....cause when I compile
> he creates a exe and that exe his ok.....but when it runs in builder

Try the following steps, from Sam Azer to avoid the old "Failed to create
State file" linker error.  This cleans up your environment.  Then do a
"Build all" to make sure you rebuild everything:

> First, you should exit BCB and delete the *.il? and *.csm files in your
> ?\CBuilder\Bin directory.

> It doesn't hurt to delete *.csm and *.#?? files in your ?\CBuilder\Lib
> directory.

> Next, you should delete the *.il?, *.csm and *.obj files in your project
> directory -- they're probably not okay either.

> Before you restart BCB, select "Run" from the Start button, and run this
> command:

> ?\Cbuilder\Bin\Bcb.exe -deflink

> It will recreate the deflink.il? files in the ?\Cbuilder\Bin directory. All
> the other files are recreated automatically.

> This comes up from time to time, so I find it's easier to make a little
> batch file to do the job whenever necessary. You can also put the main
> batch file (to delete your projects' linker files,) in your Tools directory
> (Tools | Configure Tools | Add.) Note that you have to close-all to unlock
> the *.il? files.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)    |
| Senior Engineer           Roger Wagner Publishing |
| http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
 should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore
 him." -- Dereke Bruce

Re:hello again and again my friends !

Well i'll try that monday at my job but I dont think that it will work....Because
all my other projects work fine.....................Its really weird and the
linker does not give me any errors....its the appl that gone bersek......Has I
said it compiles and links fine but at start up the appl just closes itself for
no reason.........
Jonathan Arnold wrote:
> > Yej well that did not solve my problem............I did reboot a hundred
> > time and my project still wont run in the ide.....cause when I compile
> > he creates a exe and that exe his ok.....but when it runs in builder

> Try the following steps, from Sam Azer to avoid the old "Failed to create
> State file" linker error.  This cleans up your environment.  Then do a
> "Build all" to make sure you rebuild everything:

> > First, you should exit BCB and delete the *.il? and *.csm files in your
> > ?\CBuilder\Bin directory.

> > It doesn't hurt to delete *.csm and *.#?? files in your ?\CBuilder\Lib
> > directory.

> > Next, you should delete the *.il?, *.csm and *.obj files in your project
> > directory -- they're probably not okay either.

> > Before you restart BCB, select "Run" from the Start button, and run this
> > command:

> > ?\Cbuilder\Bin\Bcb.exe -deflink

> > It will recreate the deflink.il? files in the ?\Cbuilder\Bin directory. All
> > the other files are recreated automatically.

> > This comes up from time to time, so I find it's easier to make a little
> > batch file to do the job whenever necessary. You can also put the main
> > batch file (to delete your projects' linker files,) in your Tools directory
> > (Tools | Configure Tools | Add.) Note that you have to close-all to unlock
> > the *.il? files.

> +===================================================+
> | Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)    |
> | Senior Engineer           Roger Wagner Publishing |
> | http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |
> +===================================================+

> "In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
>  should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore
>  him." -- Dereke Bruce

Re:hello again and again my friends !

Has I said I tryed it and it does not work......Now every %$^&^$$
version of my appl are corrupt.........Whats wrong !!!!!!!!!! Do I have
do redo all of it ???????????????!!!!!!!!!

Please someone tell me that u went true that and did not have to redo
every &^%$&^$&^$^%$% code line !!!!!!!

By the way inprise guys.....If I where u I'd check this out cause my
boss his never going to bye again from u and I'd be surprise if any of
his friends( and he's got a lot) cause u costed him a fortune ( my
salary for 4 months ) and hes not going to do the same mistake
again.....................

Matzerath wrote:

> Well i'll try that monday at my job but I dont think that it will work....Because
> all my other projects work fine.....................Its really weird and the
> linker does not give me any errors....its the appl that gone bersek......Has I
> said it compiles and links fine but at start up the appl just closes itself for
> no reason.........

> Jonathan Arnold wrote:

> > > Yej well that did not solve my problem............I did reboot a hundred
> > > time and my project still wont run in the ide.....cause when I compile
> > > he creates a exe and that exe his ok.....but when it runs in builder

> > Try the following steps, from Sam Azer to avoid the old "Failed to create
> > State file" linker error.  This cleans up your environment.  Then do a
> > "Build all" to make sure you rebuild everything:

> > > First, you should exit BCB and delete the *.il? and *.csm files in your
> > > ?\CBuilder\Bin directory.

> > > It doesn't hurt to delete *.csm and *.#?? files in your ?\CBuilder\Lib
> > > directory.

> > > Next, you should delete the *.il?, *.csm and *.obj files in your project
> > > directory -- they're probably not okay either.

> > > Before you restart BCB, select "Run" from the Start button, and run this
> > > command:

> > > ?\Cbuilder\Bin\Bcb.exe -deflink

> > > It will recreate the deflink.il? files in the ?\Cbuilder\Bin directory. All
> > > the other files are recreated automatically.

> > > This comes up from time to time, so I find it's easier to make a little
> > > batch file to do the job whenever necessary. You can also put the main
> > > batch file (to delete your projects' linker files,) in your Tools directory
> > > (Tools | Configure Tools | Add.) Note that you have to close-all to unlock
> > > the *.il? files.

> > +===================================================+
> > | Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)    |
> > | Senior Engineer           Roger Wagner Publishing |
> > | http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |
> > +===================================================+

> > "In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
> >  should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore
> >  him." -- Dereke Bruce

Re:hello again and again my friends !

Hello Jonathan,

Jonathan Arnold <jdarn...@buddydog.org> schreef in artikel
<35E6E64B.8B662...@buddydog.org>...

Well, I did not have the problems the original poster mentioned, but I had
some questions about the files you mention below that I see popping up in
my BCB1 bin and lib directories.
My questions are probably quite simple actually<g>, wich ones can be
deleted without having to run bcb.exe -deflink, and doesn't deleting *.csm
files mean you have to install all 3rd party components again?

> > First, you should exit BCB and delete the *.il? and *.csm files in your
> > ?\CBuilder\Bin directory.

> > It doesn't hurt to delete *.csm and *.#?? files in your ?\CBuilder\Lib
> > directory.

> > Next, you should delete the *.il?, *.csm and *.obj files in your
project
> > directory -- they're probably not okay either.

> > Before you restart BCB, select "Run" from the Start button, and run
this
> > command:

> > ?\Cbuilder\Bin\Bcb.exe -deflink

Thanks in advance... ;-))

--
Greetings from sunny Amsterdam

                Jan

email: bijs...@worldonline.nl
http://home.worldonline.nl/~bijster

Re:hello again and again my friends !

> My questions are probably quite simple actually<g>, wich ones can be
> deleted without having to run bcb.exe -deflink, and doesn't deleting *.csm
> files mean you have to install all 3rd party components again?

The .il* files are the incremental linker files, so these are the ones that
get built with the -deflink, I think.  It doesn't seem like BCB3 has this
-deflink flag, so I don't really remember what it does and can't check it.

*.csm files are the pre-compiled header files.  If you delete them (or it),
your project will just rebuild it.  builder\lib\vcl35.csm is the default
pre-compiled header, which under BCB3 anyway, you can change on a per-project
basis.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)    |
| Senior Engineer           Roger Wagner Publishing |
| http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
 should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore
 him." -- Dereke Bruce

Re:hello again and again my friends !

Well I did erase allllll the damned files and my problem his still there
!!!! I'm going to lose my job !!!!!!!!!! My *&%*&%*^ his finished and
its still behaviing weirdly..............It wont trace or debug my code
cause it seems to think the files ( *.cpp *.dfm.....bla bla) are in a
subdirectory but there not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matz

<35ED3FC9.B637C...@buddydog.org>...

> > My questions are probably quite simple actually<g>, wich ones can be
> > deleted without having to run bcb.exe -deflink, and doesn't deleting
*.csm
> > files mean you have to install all 3rd party components again?

> The .il* files are the incremental linker files, so these are the ones
that
> get built with the -deflink, I think.  It doesn't seem like BCB3 has this
> -deflink flag, so I don't really remember what it does and can't check

it.

Well, I use BCB1 still, so I'll look up -deflink in the help files. (always
handy to know what to look for<g>).

[ little *.csm snip ]
One file type extention (*.#??) you didn't adres, but I presume those are
just library backups that where generated by the compiler on some moment
and can be deleted as well without worry...

 Jonathan Arnold

--
Greetings from sunny Amsterdam

                Jan

email: bijs...@worldonline.nl
http://home.worldonline.nl/~bijster

Re:hello again and again my friends !

> One file type extention (*.#??) you didn't adres, but I presume those are
> just library backups that where generated by the compiler on some moment
> and can be deleted as well without worry...

Yup, those are just backup / temporary files and should get deleted regularily.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)    |
| Senior Engineer           Roger Wagner Publishing |
| http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
 should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore
 him." -- Dereke Bruce

Re:hello again and again my friends !

You have applied the patches for BCB 1 right?  There were some significant
linker fixes  in the patches.  See
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/patches.html
Matzerath wrote:
> Hello again my friends!
> I have an other problem with bcb 1 !!!!!!!!! This time its really
> weird.......... Here's what appenned:

> 1. I create and compile a very big appl.
> 2. everything works fine.
> 3. I open my project.
> 4. make modifs
> 5. everything works fine.
> 6. I shutdown and go to sleep
> 7. I wake up.....kiss my girl...go to my pc........run builder
> 8. Open my prj.....run it and BOUMMMMMMMM. Everything crashes.....
> 9. I go in the dir......the myprj.exe from yesterday his still there
> and    working but the prj wont work in the ide.........
> 10. I check my code......everything is fine.........compile again....
> 11. BOUMMMM
> 12. So now I trace and look at everything and BADABOUMMM WWindows95
> crashes...
> 13. So I go back ( after reboothing of course... ;-) ) to my folder
> and     ohhh my good the exe his still there and working fine......
> 14. So now I come here and ask all my brothers "Did any of u ever seen
> something like that ???"

> 15. u guys tell me to delete the *.il* files and obj .
> 16. I tell u quys did that......does not work....
> 17. What next ?

Go to page: [1] [2]

Other Threads