Hiding a Col in a StringGrid

Hi All,
            I'm looking for a way to hide the last col of a StringGrid, if I
reduc it's size there is always a small col that remains ...

Thanks,

CheGueVerra

Re:Hiding a Col in a StringGrid

Hi there, after some research and some testing, a solution that worked okay
(except that the border seems to large) is to set the ColWidths[indexofCol]
= 0.

CheGueVerra

Chegueverra wrote:

> Hi All,
>             I'm looking for a way to hide the last col of a StringGrid, if I
> reduc it's size there is always a small col that remains ...

The only way I know of to get rid of columns is to reduce the column count.
This means you have to keep track of the grid contents yourself rather than
just storing it in the grid.  I think you have to do this anyway if you want
more than just basic functionality from the list - things like movable
columns, etc.

Just as an (unrelated) aside, does this mean that OmniVox is going to be
developing in BCB?  Or is this just you at home? (I develop apps for a
OmniVox system here in NZ <G>)

--
Corey Murtagh
The Electric Monk

Re:Hiding a Col in a StringGrid

> Just as an (unrelated) aside, does this mean that OmniVox is going to be
> developing in BCB?  Or is this just you at home? (I develop apps for a
> OmniVox system here in NZ <G>)
> "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur!"

OmniVox is the compagny that I work for that's in Montreal, Canda ... and
they have been developping in BCB for almost 2 years now.
While we are on unrelated subjects ... what is the meaning of your latin
quote... my latin is not that good.

Chegueverra wrote:

 > OmniVox is the compagny that I work for that's in Montreal, Canda ...
 > and they have been developping in BCB for almost 2 years now.

They have? Ok :>

So... any tips on how to break out of this {*word*193} VB-based scripting and
get down and dirty with the API directly? :>

 > While we are on unrelated subjects ... what is the meaning of your
 > latin quote... my latin is not that good.

Well... roughly translated to idiomatic english it reads:

"Anything that is said in Latin sounds profound."

--

Chegueverra wrote:
> Hi there, after some research and some testing, a solution that worked okay
> (except that the border seems to large) is to set the ColWidths[indexofCol]
> = 0.

This works ok if you're not allowing the user to resize/move the
columns.  Otherwise they can open up that column again if they know what
to look for.

--
Corey Murtagh
The Electric Monk
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur!

Re:Hiding a Col in a StringGrid

> This works ok if you're not allowing the user to resize/move the
> columns.  Otherwise they can open up that column again if they know what
> to look for.

Thanks I haven't thought of that luckily the users can't play with the grid
that  much so it will do fine ...

CheGueVerra

Re:Hiding a Col in a StringGrid

> So... any tips on how to break out of this {*word*193} VB-based scripting and
> get down and dirty with the API directly? :>

Not sure what you mean here ??

> "Anything that is said in Latin sounds profound."

So true...

I only remember the ones that my Latin teacher used to say to us during
class

CheGueVerra

Other Threads