TClientSocket & TServerSocket - Disabling the Nagle Algorithm

Does anyone know how I can disable the Nagel Algorithm (set the TCP_NODELAY
option) when using the
TClientSocket and TServerSocket VCL components ?

Thanks in advance,

George

Re:TClientSocket & TServerSocket - Disabling the Nagle Algorithm

Do you know Blocking Mode?
If not, check it.

"george" <geo...@jhb.bbd.co.za> wrote in message news:3a235258_1@dnews...
> Does anyone know how I can disable the Nagel Algorithm (set the
TCP_NODELAY
> option) when using the
> TClientSocket and TServerSocket VCL components ?

> Thanks in advance,

> George

Re:TClientSocket & TServerSocket - Disabling the Nagle Algorithm

No, unfortunately Blocking mode has got nothing to do with it.

I need to force my outbound messages to be sent immediately - ie not to
constrained by the conditions of the Nagel Algorithm.
The usual way to do this is to set the TCP_NODELAY true in the setsockopt
API call - and this must be done before the session
has been established. Unfortunately TClientSocket and TServerSocket don't
seem to provide a mechanism to do this.

Thanks anyway.

Cho,Jae-Young wrote in message <3a235b1d_1@dnews>...
>Do you know Blocking Mode?
>If not, check it.

>"george" <geo...@jhb.bbd.co.za> wrote in message news:3a235258_1@dnews...
>> Does anyone know how I can disable the Nagel Algorithm (set the
>TCP_NODELAY
>> option) when using the
>> TClientSocket and TServerSocket VCL components ?

>> Thanks in advance,

>> George

Re:TClientSocket & TServerSocket - Disabling the Nagle Algorithm

George, I suggest you repost your question in the .internet newsgroup
here.  They'll know more about it there than I do, but I think that
the Borland Sockets are "basic" and don't allow much control over the
actual transmission and delivery.  That's why many people have
switched to other freeware components you'll see mentioned there.
-------
Timothy H. Buchman
City Center Theater, New York NY
mailto:tbuchmanREMOVE@NO_SPAMcitycenter.org
Please treat this signature information as confidential.
Search .borland message archive on http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

> No, unfortunately Blocking mode has got nothing to do with it.

Other Threads