Parent/Child Relationships

Hello all!

   I have a DLL written in BCB5 with an exported function similar to "void
ShowForm(Classes::TComponent *AOwner, TWinControl *Parent);". The function
simply shows a form, and sets its owner and parent properties to the
variables passed.
   The application calling the DLL has a Panel component on the main form,
and a button. When the button is clicked, I load the DLL, and then call the
ShowForm exported routine, passing my form as the owner, and the panel as
the parent. This does not appear to work. The DLL form never shows up
(visibly, that is. It does come up invisible. modal).
   How can I resolve this?

Thanks!
Adam

Re:Parent/Child Relationships

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 18:27:10 -0500, "Adam Presley" <theoner...@vgtweb.com>
wrote:

>Hello all!

>   I have a DLL written in BCB5 with an exported function similar to "void
>ShowForm(Classes::TComponent *AOwner, TWinControl *Parent);". The function
>simply shows a form, and sets its owner and parent properties to the
>variables passed.
>   The application calling the DLL has a Panel component on the main form,
>and a button. When the button is clicked, I load the DLL, and then call the
>ShowForm exported routine, passing my form as the owner, and the panel as
>the parent. This does not appear to work. The DLL form never shows up
>(visibly, that is. It does come up invisible. modal).
>   How can I resolve this?

I'm not sure I follow.  Can you post the code?  I assume you have a small
test case...

---
Happy Building!
Jody
http://www.hagins.com

"The speed of light just ain't what it used to be."  -- Jonathan Butler

Other Threads