hto notify OLE client from OLE server?

Hello,

I'm looking either for an explanation or for an example of reverse
communication between the client and the server. My OLE client starts
another (server) application, and transfers control to the server. I
would like to notify the client that everything is done and the client
can unbind from the server.

And one more question - how to determine (in server code) what is the
way the server has been executed ? I.e. as a standalone app, or as a OLE
server through Bind or similiar function ?

Thank you,

Martin

Re:hto notify OLE client from OLE server?

The server needs to support this. It should provide an IConnectionPoint
interface,
through which you can call FindConnectionPoint(IID_InterestingEventInterface,
DWORD).
Through the returned interface pointer, you can call Advise(pEvents, DWORD).

The server should provide an outgoing interface which your client's interface
can implement.

Rx Video wrote:

> Hello,

> I'm looking either for an explanation or for an example of reverse
> communication between the client and the server. My OLE client starts
> another (server) application, and transfers control to the server. I
> would like to notify the client that everything is done and the client
> can unbind from the server.

> And one more question - how to determine (in server code) what is the
> way the server has been executed ? I.e. as a standalone app, or as a OLE
> server through Bind or similiar function ?

> Thank you,

> Martin

Other Threads