every program that uses VCL crashes using combobox

Hi,

I have had this problem when developing my own applications but was able to
get rid of it by doing a rebuild. I just assumed that something went screwy
and that fixed it.

But now, every program that uses VCL (and you can tell usually by the
buttons) crashes as soon as click on a combo-box and control and begin
moving the mouse down to select an item. Without fail, every time, only VCL
applications, I can't use anything that incoporates the VCL on my system.

Has anyone come across, have any solutions. I don't really know the best way
about fiddling with the .dll's that might be the culprit and would like to
hear from anyone else who has had the same problem.

Re:every program that uses VCL crashes using combobox

SpurryMoses wrote:
> Has anyone come across, have any solutions. I don't really know the best way
> about fiddling with the .dll's that might be the culprit and would like to
> hear from anyone else who has had the same problem.

I had this problem once, but I reinstalled the OS and the problem was
gone. Are you able to debug your application with VCL source compiled
with debug info so that you can debug into VCL source? This way, when
the system crashes, you will get the call stack which will show,what
went wrong.

--
Eugene Mayevski
EldoS Group, chief coordinator