How to use the POP client component?

Hi all,

Can anyone show me how to use the above control ?
I am trying to connect to my ISP's email server to
check and return the number of email msgs waiting.

What I am trying to do:

POP1->UserId = ".......";
POP1->Password = ".......";
POP1->RemoteHost = ".......";
POP1->RemotePort =110;
POP1->Connect(POP1->RemoteHost,POP1->RemotePort);
POP1->Authenticate(POP1->UserId,POP1->Password);

The StateChanged property says its connected
i.e

    case prcConnected:
      POP1->RefreshMessageCount();
      break;

but when I try to execute the RefreshMessageCount() method
I get the exception:

"The connection is busy waiting for a reply from the server"

Can anyone help or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
C. Taylor

Remove zzz from my email address to reply