Component Icon being displayed on Form

2004-09-09 07:29:04 PM
cppbuilder27
I've created a runtime only package with component derived from TControl which talks to a database, when installed it appears in the Component Palette with the designed icon.
I then created a Design time package to allow changes to the componets database by the programmer. But when I attempt to place a copy of the component onto a TForm nothing is displayed, appart from a focus box, although I can right click on the box, invoke the design time fuctionality and make runtime changes.
How can I make the icon appear on the form.
With Thanks.

Re:Component Icon being displayed on Form

"Graham" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
But when I attempt to place a copy of the component onto
a TForm nothing is displayed, appart from a focus box
TControl is a visual component. You need to provide a visual display for
your TControl component. If you do not want to make a visual component then
you should derive from TComponent instead, which is non-visual.
Gambit