Newsgroups Troubles? - Don't know where to post

2003-09-28 09:51:14 PM
cppbuilder105
I don't know where to post this one, but.. what has happened with the Newsgroups-server?
It's been down for over a week and now it's very very slow...
Peter

Re:Newsgroups Troubles? - Don't know where to post

Peter Elbertse wrote:
I don't know where to post this one, but.. what has happened with the
Newsgroups-server? It's been down for over a week and now it's very
very slow...
Yes it is very slow here also. Borland needs to get it back up to speed
sometime soon. It is discouraging trying to read or post messages when it
takes 10 seconds or so just to read anything and 20 seconds just to access
an NG. Something is definitely causing the access to the server to crawl.

Peter Elbertse wrote:
I don't know where to post this one, but.. what has happened with the
Newsgroups-server? It's been down for over a week and now it's very
very slow...
It was down due to big problems, and now it is up again, but slow because
of the SWEN virus constantly trying to upload itself to the server (the
server refuses it, though).
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was

{smallsort}

Re:Newsgroups Troubles? - Don't know where to post

Today, all the slowness seemed to be gone!
Peter

Peter Elbertse wrote:
Today, all the slowness seemed to be gone!
Let's hope it stays that way. <vbg>
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,

"Peter Elbertse" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I don't know where to post this one ...
For future reference try:
borland.public.cppbuilder.non-technical
-or-
borland.public.off-topic?
- Clayton

Re:Newsgroups Troubles? - Don't know where to post

For future reference try:
borland.public.cppbuilder.non-technical
-or-
borland.public.off-topic?
Neither of these groups seems to be working. I have tried
unsubscribing and then subscribing to them without any effect. Is
anyone able to access these groups?
Jon G

"Jon Gabel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Neither of these groups seems to be working.
They both work fine for me. Did you reset your newsreader yet?
Gambit

Re:Newsgroups Troubles? - Don't know where to post

"Jon Gabel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have tried unsubscribing and then subscribing to them without any
effect. Is anyone able to access these groups?
If you are using Outlook Express then unsubscribe, close OE, reopen and then
resubscribe. It doesn't erase it's cache until you close the application.
- Clayton

"Clayton Arends" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
If you are using Outlook Express then unsubscribe, close OE,
reopen and then resubscribe. It doesn't erase it's cache until
you close the application.
An easier way is to just reset/resynch the groups, no unsubscribing needed.
Gambit