How do I access a newly created VCL component in BDS2006?

2006-02-14 06:04:14 AM
cppbuilder58
Ok, I go to Component->New VCL Component...
I click on TPaintBox to use that as an ancestor and click next
I change the name to TMyPaintBox, put it in the Samples Palette Page, and
change the unit name to MyPaintBox.cpp
My only option after this is to create unit. I do this, but it does not
show up in my tool pallet. A .bpl file isn't created so I can't then
install a component package or anything like that.
I figure I must be doing something really basic incorrectly - what am I a
missing?
Thanks!

Re:How do I access a newly created VCL component in BDS2006?

"Greg L" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
My only option after this is to create unit. I do this,
but it does not show up in my tool pallet.
That is because you did not actually install it yet. You have to place the
unit into a package and then install the package. Unfortunately, that step
is not automated in BDS 2006 like it was in earlier versions, so you have to
do it manually.
A .bpl file isn't created
You did not put the unit into a package.
Gambit