Enabling codeguard -- unresolved externals

2006-05-17 04:39:35 PM
cppbuilder11
I don't remember when or what triggered BDS 2006 into this state. It seems
that I can't enable CodeGuard anymore. It was working fine previously, but I
never did turn on CodeGuard for new projects after I installed Update 2, so
I can't say if it's the new patch that is wreaking havoc.
Strangest thing is, old projects (those I created prior to update 2) will
compile fine if I turn on CodeGuard. But if I create a new VCL Form app with
update 2 and turn on CodeGuard, I get these errors:
[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_CG_DESC' referenced from C:\DOCUMENTS
AND SETTINGS\ZACH SAW\MY DOCUMENTS\BORLAND STUDIO PROJECTS\PROJECT24.OBJ
[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_CG_DTORTHIS' referenced from
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ZACH SAW\MY DOCUMENTS\BORLAND STUDIO
PROJECTS\PROJECT24.OBJ
<snip -- there're more of these _CG_* errors>
Another thing that is odd -- I can't seem to be able to get rid of dynamic
RTL linking from my projects. Borlndmm.dll is always linked regardless of
whether I check or uncheck the "dynamic RTL" checkbox.
I'm guessing my default project options have got to a state where it is
preventing a few project options from taking effect. I've reported a similar
issue with CodeGuard being stuck in enabled even after you've turned it on,
so this is not too far fetched.
There's also no option for me to restore factory default. So I can't get out
of this state, unless I uninstall BDS 2006, clean the whole BDS folder and
reinstall.
Anyone else encountered this?
Thanks,
Zach

Re:Enabling codeguard -- unresolved externals

Scratch that. I've already rootcaused the problem. It's due to the BCC32PCH
plugin. While it works fine in BCB 6, it screws up quite a lot of things in
BDS 2006.
Thanks,
Zach