Coff obj to Omf obj...

2006-07-26 08:31:37 PM
cppbuilder25
Hi!
Is something like this possible? To convert
a coff type obj to omf obj?
Thanks!
Atmapuri

Re:Coff obj to Omf obj...

Borland had such a tool with BCB6....
but it only converted Coff import libs (I think)
I don't think it worked for C++ files.
Rgds Pete
"Atmapuri" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi!

Is something like this possible? To convert
a coff type obj to omf obj?

Re:Coff obj to Omf obj...

Supprisingly it was called coff2omf.exe in the BCB6/Bin directory
HTH Pete
"Pete Fraser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news:44c76818$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

news:44c760a9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi!
>
>Is something like this possible? To convert
>a coff type obj to omf obj?

{smallsort}

Re:Coff obj to Omf obj...

Hi!
>but it only converted Coff import libs (I think)
>I don't think it worked for C++ files.
As long as it works for C only obj files.
(no C++ required) Import libs are not enough...
Thanks!
Atmapuri

Re:Coff obj to Omf obj...

It works on import libraries, not on object files. At one point when
Microsoft came out with a new compiler release they altered their object
file format to no longer be compatible with the Intel standard format that
was used by Borland and Microsoft.
They call their format "coff" but take care to not be confused by that name.
It is not the same as the "coff" that had been used for years by other
compilers and on other platforms.
. Ed
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...