how to extract text from doc files

2004-12-01 02:31:49 AM
cppbuilder17
Hello, everybody!
I have an urgent need to programmatically extract plain text from Microsoft
Word 97/2000/XP/2003 documents. Does anybody know a simple and reliable way
of doing this? I mean libraries which work fast and accurate? Automating MS
Word is not appropriate for me as it is pretty slow and requires Ms Word to
be installed.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Edward.

Re:how to extract text from doc files

TurboPower used to have some controls that would let you do such things -
but I don't think that they were made opensource when TurboPower went out of
business. I'm not sure though. You might try to look for TurboPower on
SourceForge and see.
"Edward" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello, everybody!

I have an urgent need to programmatically extract plain text from
Microsoft
Word 97/2000/XP/2003 documents. Does anybody know a simple and reliable
way
of doing this? I mean libraries which work fast and accurate? Automating
MS
Word is not appropriate for me as it is pretty slow and requires Ms Word
be installed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edward.

Re:how to extract text from doc files

TSMWordDocument do all what you described:
www.scalabium.com/msword
And MS Word installed is not required
"Edward" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello, everybody!

I have an urgent need to programmatically extract plain text from
Microsoft
Word 97/2000/XP/2003 documents. Does anybody know a simple and reliable
way
of doing this? I mean libraries which work fast and accurate? Automating
MS
Word is not appropriate for me as it is pretty slow and requires Ms Word
be installed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edward.

{smallsort}