ANN: DDevExtensions 1.3

2006-09-14 05:15:45 AM
cppbuilder42
DDevExtensions 1.3 adds new features to the Delphi, BCB and BDS IDE.
The new version 1.3 is mainly a bugfix release. But is also adds a new
feature for Delphi 2005 and BDS 2006: The Old component palette that can
be used as an embedded controlbar or a popup window that appears when the
mouse hovers over the palette-tabbar. The old palette is disabled by
default. (*)
Furthermore the "Source modified. Rebuild?"-disable feature has been moved
from DelphiSpeedUp to DDevExtensions 1.3 where it adds support for the
C++Builder personality.
Another change is in the installation process. The installer is now packed
into a self extracting (7-zip) archive what reduces the download size from
980 KB to 600 KB.
Download and Homepage:
andy.jgknet.de/dspeedup/index.php
Screenshots:
andy.jgknet.de/dspeedup/index.php
*: For those who want the old palette as a toolbar: The first
implementation of the old palette was a TToolBar, but it was that hard to
control that I dropped it and reimplemented it as a TDockForm. But that
wasn't a good idea, too. So I ended up in making it an own form who's
parent is the main form. The problems with the TToolBar was that on the
one hand it made the other toolbars move randomly around the whole main
form, and on the other hand the width of the toolbar was fixed but not to
the border it was resized to the width that I had set up at design time.
Maybe I had done something wrong, so if someone has a working example,
using multiple controlbar lines and sizing to the right border, he could
(if he want) send me an example.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:ANN: DDevExtensions 1.3

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
*: For those who want the old palette as a toolbar: The first
implementation of the old palette was a TToolBar, but it was that
hard to control that I dropped it and reimplemented it as a
TDockForm. But that wasn't a good idea, too. So I ended up in making
it an own form who's parent is the main form. The problems with the
TToolBar was that on the one hand it made the other toolbars move
randomly around the whole main form,
Sounds like I should drag out my old ToolBarFix code from D4, and this
particular bug apparently still plauges the IDE (I gave up trying to
move the toolbars many versions ago for this exact reason. I'm not
surprised it is still there...)
and on the other hand the width
of the toolbar was fixed but not to the border it was resized to the
width that I had set up at design time. Maybe I had done something
wrong, so if someone has a working example, using multiple controlbar
lines and sizing to the right border, he could (if he want) send me
an example.
Hmmm... Maybe I will see if there is still a copy of the toolbarfix
floating around somewhere (loud sounds of shuffling and boxes falling
and harddrives thrashing) Oh gods, my website archive has been retired
off my drive... I'll dig through my old CD/DVD archives this weekend
for it <shudder>Being aggressive about backing up your data can have
a downside too!
Regardless, I'm off to try the new version, but 1.3 beta was rock solid
for me!

Re:ANN: DDevExtensions 1.3

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
DDevExtensions 1.3 adds new features to the Delphi, BCB and BDS IDE.

The new version 1.3 is mainly a bugfix release. But is also adds a new
feature for Delphi 2005 and BDS 2006: The Old component palette that can
be used as an embedded controlbar or a popup window that appears when the
mouse hovers over the palette-tabbar. The old palette is disabled by
default. (*)

Excellent! Using it in D2006. Now if the toolbar can be multi line rather
than one long one it would be perfect....<g>
Regards & Thank you for your efforts.
Ian

Re:ANN: DDevExtensions 1.3

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:15:45 +0200, "Andreas Hausladen"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
popup window now disappears in a second when I click on the drop-down
button on the right side of palette
--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Re:ANN: DDevExtensions 1.3

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
DDevExtensions 1.3 adds new features to the Delphi, BCB and BDS IDE.

Hello Andreas,
I am using D6 and TToolbarButton97 of Jordan Russel (the one of InnoSetup).
When I install DDevExtensions 1.2 or 1.3, the Images property of all
TToolbarButton97 is lost when loading the form in IDE.
Deinstalling DDevExtension makes all work again, as if nothing happend.
No problem with DelphiSpeedUp 1.99b.
Thanks for your work,
eLion

Re:ANN: DDevExtensions 1.3

eLion wrote:
I am using D6 and TToolbarButton97 of Jordan Russel (the one of
InnoSetup). When I install DDevExtensions 1.2 or 1.3, the Images
property of all TToolbarButton97 is lost when loading the form in IDE.
Deinstalling DDevExtension makes all work again, as if nothing happend.
I cannot reproduce this in Delphi 6. So can you send me a simple test
project?
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:ANN: DDevExtensions 1.3

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
eLion wrote:

>I am using D6 and TToolbarButton97 of Jordan Russel (the one of
>InnoSetup). When I install DDevExtensions 1.2 or 1.3, the Images
>property of all TToolbarButton97 is lost when loading the form in IDE.
>Deinstalling DDevExtension makes all work again, as if nothing happend.

I cannot reproduce this in Delphi 6. So can you send me a simple test
project?

I try in a new project, with just a TToolbarButton97, a TImageList, and
everything work fine ! ...
I checked further :
This seems to happen only in one project, but ToolbarButtons on all
forms loose their connection with the imagelist just when opened with
DDevExtension installed (without doing anything else than opening the
project).
Reaffecting the imagelist works, but when this form is closed and
reopened, the imagelist is lost again.
In another project also using some TToobarlbutton97, everything is ok !
Don't understand what is causing this, but as soon as DDEv is
deinstalled, everything is back again.
eLion