ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

2008-03-08 03:16:25 AM
cppbuilder52
Due to the drastically sliding US$, we are forced to react by increasing the
price on all our products with 20%.
We are continously monitoring the rate, and may later adjust the price
again, up or down, to match the value of the US$ at that point in time.
The price change will be effectuated Friday March 14. 2008.
It will cover the following products:
kbmMW Professional Edition
kbmMW Enterprise Edition
kbmMW Professional Edition SAU
kbmMW Enterprise Edition SAU
kbmMW Cross upgrades
kbmMW lower version upgrades
kbmMW Spider
kbmMW InControl Repository Server
kbmMW InControl Management Console
kbmX10
kbmMemTable SAU
Consultancy rates
----
kbmMW is the premiere n-tier product for Delphi, C++Builder, Kylix, BDS
integrating with .Net, Win32, Linux, Java, PHP, PDAs, embedded devices,
websites, mainframes and more.
This release contains a good number of new features for our
publish/subscribe based messaging framework named WIB (Wide Information
Bus), in addition to several other changes, news and fixes.
Please visit www.components4developers.com for more information about kbmMW
and for download.
----
Components4Developers is a company established in 1999 with the purpose of
providing high quality development tools for developers and enterprises. The
primare focus is on SOA, ESB, EAI and systems integration via our flagship
product kbmMW.
kbmMW is a portable, highly scalable, high end application server and
enterprise architecture integration (EAI) development framework for Win32,
.Net and Linux with clients residing on Win32, .Net, Linux, Unix,
Mainframes, Minis, Embedded and many other places. It is currently used as
the backbone in hundreds of central systems, in hospitals, courts, private
industries, offshore industry, finance, telecom, governements, schools,
laboratories, rentals, culture institutions and more.
--
best regards
Components4Developers

Re:ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

Kim Madsen wrote:
Due to the drastically sliding US$, we are forced to react by increasing the
price on all our products with 20%.
Slightly OT Kim, but are you trading out if the US?
--
Pierre
Worrigee NSW

Re:ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

Yes
--
best regards
Kim Madsen
"Pierre" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i en meddelelse
Kim Madsen wrote:
>Due to the drastically sliding US$, we are forced to react by increasing
>the price on all our products with 20%.

Slightly OT Kim, but are you trading out if the US?

{smallsort}

Re:ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

Kim,
I noticed that you are using Plimus, you could actually change the
currency base to EURO and have the other currency which is supposed be
set against that base. This way you do not need to worry about
constantly adjusting the US$ prices.
Edwin

Re:ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

Kim
In that case I would have thought you would support YOUR country in its
current fiscal situation.
For years we in Australia had to pay almost DOUBLE for software priced in US
Dollars (when our exchange rate was something like half that of US rate).
Now we are getting back to par (around .93cents at present) and US software
houses now want to increase their prices. WHY? The cost of doing business
in YOUR country is still the same!
This reminds me of the "grab for Cash" by a web generator software company
out of Europe last year. They sold it for US$99 and overnight the price
went to Euro99. IMHO that is the currency that it should have been
advertised at in the first place .... NOT US DOLLARS.
To me each software house SHOULD price their products in the country of
origin, NOT try to play the currency markets where they can grab extra
dollars from their loyal supporters due to dollar fluctuations.
--
Malcolm
Townsville, Australia
"Kim Madsen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Yes

--
best regards
Kim Madsen

news:47d1cadb$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Kim Madsen wrote:
>>Due to the drastically sliding US$, we are forced to react by increasing
>>the price on all our products with 20%.
>
>Slightly OT Kim, but are you trading out if the US?

Re:ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

Edwin
I disagree completely!!
C4D is a US company, they (IMHO) should price in US$. If they are not
making enough profit on current prices they should increase their prices
(which Kim has now chosen to do). Then the market will decide.
As an example (read my previous post to Kim) the AUS$ against the Euro is
about 61 cents and against the US$ about 93 cents.
We down under are also a part of this global community ... which always
seems to be at the wrong end of the stick ;-)
--
Malcolm
Townsville, Australia
"Edwin Lau" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Kim,

I noticed that you are using Plimus, you could actually change the
currency base to EURO and have the other currency which is supposed be set
against that base. This way you do not need to worry about constantly
adjusting the US$ prices.

Edwin

Re:ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

C4D is a US company, they (IMHO) should price in US$. If they are not
making enough profit on current prices they should increase their prices
(which Kim has now chosen to do). Then the market will decide.
Huh? He's Danish isn't he? Not exactly a state of the US... Mind you, I
don't think the danish have the Euro do they?
We down under are also a part of this global community ... which always
seems to be at the wrong end of the stick ;-)
Given how strong the Aussie is at the moment, I think you are wrong.
Oliver Townshend

"Malcolm Cheyne" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Kim

In that case I would have thought you would support YOUR country in its
current fiscal situation.
I think Kim meant he is based "outside" the US. Unless he has moved since
last time we spoke, he is still in Denmark just like me. Having prices in
Danish Kroner would mean nobody would understand the prices upfront without
consulting a currency converter first. So basically his choice is USD or
Euro.
Regards
Uffe

Oliver Townshend skrev:
I don't think the danish have the Euro do they?
Nope! But our national bank do adjust according to the decisions made by
the European Central Bank. So in good and bad we still have our own
money called kroner....
-Kurt

Re:ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

To me each software house SHOULD price their products in the country of
origin, NOT try to play the currency markets where they can grab extra
dollars from their loyal supporters due to dollar fluctuations.
I agree with that in general. BUT until not too long ago pretty much all
online store providers on the market only allowed for US$ as the base
currency. Slowly GBP and Euro were added, but most companies (like ourselves)
didn't see the immediated need to change. Speaking for ourselves we took the
moderate hit over since we came to the market, but the recent developments
needed us to react. Kim just announced it a few hourse before we ourselves
planned to do so and I'm pretty sure others will follow too. The US$ has taken
a 30% hit against our "home currency" AU$ in the last few months, and more
than 60% since we started our business in early 2003.
--
Hannes Danzl [NexusDB Developer]
Newsgroup archive at www.tamaracka.com/search.htm

Re:ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

Given how strong the Aussie is at the moment, I think you are wrong.
Hm. Very much stable towards the Euro. If you look on the currency market
you'll probably see that it's actually mainly the US$ that is so weak.
Naturally from the other side (iow being in US$ area) the other currencies are
so strong.
--
Hannes Danzl [NexusDB Developer]
Newsgroup archive at www.tamaracka.com/search.htm

Re:ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

Hi,
We have considered changing to EUR, but as the majority of our customers are
from US$ countries we have chosen to stick with it. We have also chosen not
to go the 1EUR=1US$ road as many others have as I see that as being wrong.
Since we priced our products, the US$ have slided more than 35% compared to
EUR. We are only compensating half of that.
best regards
Components4Developers

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Malcolm Cheyne wrote:

As an example (read my previous post to Kim) the AUS$ against the Euro is
about 61 cents and against the US$ about 93 cents.

This should probably be in BPOT, but in recent days we've received
notification from a couple of US suppliers (not IT/ software) that
they're increasing their prices in the order of 10% to 15%. Looks like
they want to add a little inflation to their recession.
Cheers
--
Pierre
Worrigee NSW
"In moments of great passion, the mind tends to be flooded with a warm
vision of the person in our arms. We are unlikely, at that point, to be
analyzing their flaws, real or hypothetical. Even less likely if lying
in darkness. As for the possible product of our {*word*169}, only the
most peculiar lover would be fretting, while in the act, over whether
such a child might or might not be an appropriate and worthy creation."
John Ralston Saul - "Voltaire's Bastards"

Re:ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

Huh? He's Danish isn't he? Not exactly a state of the US... Mind you, I
don't think the danish have the Euro do they?
My mistake Oliver. I took it as he was US based. Apologies to Kim.

>We down under are also a part of this global community ... which always
>seems to be at the wrong end of the stick ;-)

Given how strong the Aussie is at the moment, I think you are wrong.
The last time I looked AU$1.00 is only about Euro0.60. That, to me, is
being on the wrong end of the stick.
Does this mean I have to charge almost twice as much (in AU$) to be even
with the Euro?
--
Malcolm
Townsville, Australia

Re:ANN: Notice - Price change on all Components4Developers products

Thank you for your reply Kim
My mistake for thinking you were USA based.