Indy9 Install with BCB6 Pro

2006-06-07 02:27:14 AM
cppbuilder20
Hi,
I've installed Indy9 on 2 or 3 PCs running BCB6 Pro, and so far I have had
no issues. However, I tried to install it on a new install of BCB6 today
(with the BCB6 Patch 4) and I've had problems.
I copied the Indy9 directory structure that I've used on previous PCs, run
the fullc6.bat file, and then copied the relevant files into the BCB
directory.
I then run up BCB, selected Install Packages, and Add. Selected
dclIndy60.bpl, and I get the following error:
The Procedure Entry Point @Idresourcestrings@_RSBindingAny could not be
located in the dynamic link library Indy60.bpl
I've checked the CMD prompt box and can't find any failures in the build.
I've also checked for any Id*.* files which may be from the old Indy6
install, but can't see anything amiss.
I've also copied the build Indy directory structure from my main PC, and
copied the built files without building it again, and I still get the error.
It looks like a bad BCB6 install, but then the error doesn't seem to imply
that.
Any clues or ideas?
Paul

Re:Indy9 Install with BCB6 Pro

"Paul" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I tried to install it on a new install of BCB6 today
(with the BCB6 Patch 4) and I've had problems.
<snip>
I get the following error:
BCB 6 ships with Indy 8 pre-installed. You must completely remove Indy 8
from the machine before Indy 9 can install properly. The two versions are
not binary-compatible.
I've also checked for any Id*.* files which may be from
the old Indy6 install, but can't see anything amiss.
Please read the install instructions in Indy's Knowledge Base
(www.indyproject.org/kb).
Gambit

Re:Indy9 Install with BCB6 Pro

I thought I had done the removal process of Indy8 prior to running Indy9,
but I may have missed something. I'll have another go tomorrow morning and
make sure.
Thanks.

BCB 6 ships with Indy 8 pre-installed. You must completely remove Indy 8
from the machine before Indy 9 can install properly. The two versions are
not binary-compatible.

{smallsort}

Re:Indy9 Install with BCB6 Pro

Hi,
I did miss a couple of files, its all working now. It helps when using XP
search facility to use advanced options and look in system folders, etc!
Paul

Please read the install instructions in Indy's Knowledge Base
(www.indyproject.org/kb).

Re:Indy9 Install with BCB6 Pro

Hi,
I did all those steps described at indyproject, but now when I start any
program using TIDHTTP client, I get one error. My system is in brasilian
portuguese language, but the translation may be something like: Can't find
the entry point for procedure @Idwinsock@initialization$qqrv on dynamic link
library indy60.bpl.
Any Ideas?
"Paul" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem

news:4485d21c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Gabriel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I did all those steps described at indyproject, but now when
I start any program using TIDHTTP client, I get one error. My
system is in brasilian portuguese language, but the translation may
be something like: Can't find the entry point for procedure
@Idwinsock@initialization$qqrv on dynamic link library indy60.bpl.
You still have older files on your machine. You did not remove them all
properly.
Gambit

Re:Indy9 Install with BCB6 Pro

Good Day!
I have also problem with install Indy 9 with C++ Builder 6.0 Pro.
Instalation finished succesfuly and new projects work correctly.
But when I try compile my old project that was created with Indy 8.0 i
receive error message like below
"[C++ Error] winsock2.h(109): E2238 Multiple declaration for 'fd_set'"
"[C++ Error] winsock.h(54): E2344 Earlier declaration of 'fd_set'"
"[C++ Error] winsock2.h(112): E2146 Need an identifier to declare"
"[C++ Error] winsock2.h(153): E2238 Multiple declaration for 'timeval'"
"[C++ Error] winsock.h(97): E2344 Earlier declaration of 'timeval'"
What do I have to do compile my old projects?
"Paul" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I did miss a couple of files, its all working now. It helps when using XP
search facility to use advanced options and look in system folders, etc!

Paul

news:4485d21c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Please read the install instructions in Indy's Knowledge Base
>(www.indyproject.org/kb).

Re:Indy9 Install with BCB6 Pro

This is known problem.
My solution: I changed #include<winsock.h>to the #include<winsock2.h>
in the windows.h file.
Other is to place id*.h file before all others in your project's files,
but sometimes this will not help.

--
Miłosław Oleszczak
IT - Kan sp. z o.o.

"Paul" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:44870961$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi,
>
>I did miss a couple of files, its all working now. It helps when using XP
>search facility to use advanced options and look in system folders, etc!
>
>Paul
>
>"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:4485d21c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>Please read the install instructions in Indy's Knowledge Base
>>(www.indyproject.org/kb).

Re:Indy9 Install with BCB6 Pro

This is known problem.
My solution: I changed #include<winsock.h>to the #include<winsock2.h>
in the windows.h file.
Other is to place id*.h file before all others in your project's files,
but sometimes this will not help.
Thanks a lot, it works.
BR