ID 14011: A Minimalist OpenGL Application

2004-05-30 06:44:29 AM
cppbuilder16
Hi,
Can someone give me a step by step on how to get the skeleton OpenGL project
to compile please. I now have a collection of OpenGL library files,
including from www.opengl.org and am still getting the likes of Vcl40 not
found.
Sorry if I'm being really thick.
Dave

Re:ID 14011: A Minimalist OpenGL Application

Dave Denton wrote:
Can someone give me a step by step on how to get the skeleton OpenGL project
to compile please. I now have a collection of OpenGL library files,
including from www.opengl.org and am still getting the likes of Vcl40 not
found.
Never used OpenGL but here is a link that might be of some interest:
www.wischik.com/lu/programmer/
Michel
Michel Leunen
mailto: see my homepage.
C++Builder, C++BuilderX, BCC5.5.1 Web site:
www.leunen.com/

Re:ID 14011: A Minimalist OpenGL Application

Go to nehe.gamedev.net you'll find everything you need to know there

{smallsort}

Re:ID 14011: A Minimalist OpenGL Application

This is a very good tutorial web site for OpenGL. Has anyone tried to load
an image with its dimension not in power of 2, say using the example of
lesson 6? I failed to do so?
- Binzhong

"Binzhong Zhou" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
This is a very good tutorial web site for OpenGL. Has anyone tried to load
an image with its dimension not in power of 2, say using the example of
lesson 6? I failed to do so?
Don't they use glaux for texture loading? It may just abort a load of a
texture that's not a power of 2, since that is what OpenGL always uses and
wants.
Simon.

"Dave Denton" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Can someone give me a step by step on how to get the skeleton OpenGL
project
to compile please. I now have a collection of OpenGL library files,
including from www.opengl.org and am still getting the likes of Vcl40 not
found.
Everything you need to create an OpenGL app is provided with builder. Vcl40
is a builder package that is nothing to do with OpenGL (I'm assuming the
file extention type which you did not give). Missing this is something
you're likely to see when you try your app on another PC.
Can you compile a 'vanilla' GUI app? Are you trying to compile the app in
the original folder. Perhaps you can give more detail.
The skeleton app works fine for me, but I can't recall if I had to change it
in the past to get it to work. (Which version of builder are you using? BTW)
Simon.

Re:ID 14011: A Minimalist OpenGL Application

I always load pictures with whatever dimension I even created an OpenGL
screensaver that applies random pictures as Rotating cubes textures:)
If U have troubles email me and I will send some code snippets... however
at Nehe U can find that!!
Good work
Stefano B.

news:40baa670$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...