thumbnails

2005-05-12 09:44:36 PM
cppbuilder112
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to cache or save thumbnials. I
have an application that nedds to load high resolution images, so at
start up my app looks through specified foders and searches for images
to make thumbs. Thumbs are then passed to ImageList and then I use
ListView to display them. Is there any way to save images in ImageList,
I also thought of using database for storing thumbs and that works but I
would like to do this without database. Thanx.

Re:thumbnails

Hello All,
How can I load dynamically images in a folder in Timages components
else using "Image1->Picture->LoadFromFile(FileListBox1->FileName);"
Thanks
Alain

Re:thumbnails

Gambit says
I do not understand what you are asking for exactly. Please clearify.
Lets place a form
1) 10 Timage components
2) 2 buttons
3) DriveCombo, DirectoryList and FileListBox
4) eventually a Filtercombobox
When I enter a folder, if there are VALID images they are loaded in the
TImages, 10 at a time
If there are more than ten the buttons allow next and previous images listed
in the FileListBox.
Thanks
Alain

{smallsort}

Re:thumbnails

"Alain" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
How can I load dynamically images in a folder in Timages components
else using "Image1->Picture->LoadFromFile(FileListBox1->FileName);"
I do not understand wehat you are asking for exactly. Please clearify. It
sounds like you already know how to load image files dynamically, so what
exactly do you want to know?
Gambit

Re:thumbnails

And your actual question is ...? Again, what EXACTLY do you want to know?
You already know how to load an image file into a TImage.

Gambit

Image1->Picture loads the 1st picture in the list (FileListBox)
Image2->Picture loads the 2nd picture in the list
.
.
Image10->Picture loads the 10th picture in the list

Re:thumbnails

"Alain" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Lets place a form
1) 10 Timage components
2) 2 buttons
3) DriveCombo, DirectoryList and FileListBox
4) eventually a Filtercombobox
When I enter a folder, if there are VALID images they are loaded in the
TImages, 10 at a time
If there are more than ten the buttons allow next and previous images
listed
in the FileListBox.
And your actual question is ...? Again, what EXACTLY do you want to know?
You already know how to load an image file into a TImage.
Gambit

Re:thumbnails

So what is the problem? You are not being clear. Are you trying to ask
how
to loop through the files in the first place? Simply loop through the
FileListBox's Items property for that.

Gambit
One second for GOD is an Eternity for MEN
If only I knew how, do you think I would have asked ?

Re:thumbnails

"Alain" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Image1->Picture loads the 1st picture in the list (FileListBox)
Image2->Picture loads the 2nd picture in the list
.
.
Image10->Picture loads the 10th picture in the list
So what is the problem? You are not being clear. Are you trying to ask how
to loop through the files in the first place? Simply loop through the
FileListBox's Items property for that.
Gambit

Re:thumbnails

Gambit's point is that you didn't ask anything specific
and I agree with him.

~ JD

Thumbnails of all the VALID images in a folder displayed in group of 10
where 10 Image components are on a form.
presently I am viewing one by one with

"Alain" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

If only I knew how, do you think I would have asked ?
Gambit's point is that you didn't ask anything specific
and I agree with him.
~ JD

Re:thumbnails

I have a problem and everyone is against me
I think I am the problem :(
If someone have used Adobe PhotoShop
Do File .. Browse
You see all the images in a folder as Thumbnails
When you Explore the contents of your digital camera under WinXP you see the
Images when you click on view Thumbnails !!
I am French, Is the above clear English
Do anyone of you understand the word "THUMBNAILS" ?

Re:thumbnails

Say you have 100 .jpg files in a folder.
You have 10 TImage components on a form.

The application should load only the 1st ten
then press a button the next 10 and so on
or pressing another button the previous 10 until top of list or end of list
!

Re:thumbnails

Alain wrote:
Thumbnails of all the VALID images in a folder displayed in group of 10
where 10 Image components are on a form.
presently I am viewing one by one with

Image1->Picture->LoadFromFile(FileListBox1->FileName);
You are still unclear and you do not come with a specific question
or a specific problem.
Say you have 100 .jpg files in a folder.
You have 10 TImage components on a form.
Now what is the problem?
- You cannot determine the names of the files in that folder?
- You cannot extract the filenames from a filelistbox?
- You cannot determine if a file contains a valid image?
Please be exact.
Hans.

Re:thumbnails

Hello All,
How can I load dynamically images in a folder in Timages components ?
else using "Image1->Picture->LoadFromFile(FileListBox1->FileName);"
Thanks
Alain
P.S Syntax error
I forgot the "?" and the end of the sentence in my first POST

Re:thumbnails

Hello All,
If I knew how to loop with in the contents of FileListBox I would done it
Best regards Folks, see you tomorrow it's time to go home for me
Alain
59 years old and trying to learn English and C++