Re: Directory Listing

2003-08-22 03:26:11 AM
cppbuilder0
"Ed" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Can someone point me to a web page or show me how
to read the filenames in a given directory?
Look at the FindFirst(), FindNext() and FindClose() functions in the VCL
documentation.
Gambit
---

Re:Re: Directory Listing

If you are making a VCL application, take a look at the Win 3.1 tab. There
is a wonderful little component called TFileListBox that does what you want
with no custom coding.
Brian A. Lloyd
Northrop Grumman Corp.
"Ed" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Does anyone know how to show a listbox with a directory listing?
I've done a lot of searching and all I can find is an article from M$ on
how
to define DlgDelFileProc which supposedly fills the listbox on a dialog,
however I can't seem to make it work.
I am just trying to write a simple program that will show two directories
in
two separate listboxes so we don't have to jump back and forth to delete
lock files (using DOS). I really don't need a dialog box (unless that's
the
only way).
I can't find a real sample anywhere.
Can someone point me to a web page or show me how to read the filenames in
given directory?
Once I know the filenames I can manage.
Thanks!

Re:Re: Directory Listing

"Brian Lloyd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
If you are making a VCL application, take a look at
the Win 3.1 tab. There is a wonderful little component
called TFileListBox that does what you want with no
custom coding.
Is it also a very outdated component, looks terrible on newer systems,
doesn't support newer OS directory features, and alters the process's
current working directory everytime you display a different folder. But
hey, if you're into that kind of stuff, then my all means, feel free to use
it :-)
Gambit
---

Re:Re: Directory Listing

Ed wrote:
Does anyone know how to show a listbox with a directory listing?
There's lots of components out there that will do this. For
instance, the free version of LMD Tools has one, as does the now
Open Source version of Orpheus. See my web site for pointers.
--
Jonathan Arnold C/C++/CBuilder Keen Advice:
www.keen.com/categories/categorylist_expand.asp