active forms

2005-10-28 09:48:51 PM
cppbuilder74
Hi.
Can someone explain to me a couple of things?
- exactly why/when I would want to use an Active Form,
- If I want to write an app that uses an activeX control from another
Vendor, to display images, is it possible to put it in a dll project
and call it from Borland 5.02 say? (as you might guess I'm struggling
to use an ActiveX image control in an large Borland 5.02 program, and
was thinking it might be easier to get things working in CBuilder 6
and then wrap it in a dll so that I can control it/use it from the bcc
5.02 application)
Thanks
Jeff Kish

Re:active forms

"Jeff Kish" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
- exactly why/when I would want to use an Active Form,
The only time an ActiveForm is useful is when you want to host a visual
TForm in a non-Borland development envirnment (such as VB), or on a website.
Gambit

Re:active forms

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>- exactly why/when I would want to use an Active Form,

The only time an ActiveForm is useful is when you want to host a visual
TForm in a non-Borland development envirnment (such as VB), or on a website.

Gambit

mmm. Does that mean if I manage to communicate via COM from a cbuilder
6 form in an application, that I might be able to build it on an
active form and control it from a borland 5.02 application? Or am I
barking up the wrong tree here? (I'm assuming borland 5.02 is so old
it would qualify in this sense as a non-Borland environment)
Thanks
Jeff Kish

{smallsort}

Re:active forms

"Jeff Kish" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Does that mean if I manage to communicate via COM from a
cbuilder 6 form in an application, that I might be able to build it
on an active form and control it from a borland 5.02 application?
I cannot answer that. I do not know whether BC 5.02 supports ActiveX or
not. I doubt that it does, though. You will likely have to go back to your
original idea of wrapping the third-party ActiveX control in a BCB-created
DLL that BC++ can use.
Gambit

Re:active forms

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:19:02 -0700, "Remy Lebeau \(TeamB\)"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

"Jeff Kish" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Does that mean if I manage to communicate via COM from a
>cbuilder 6 form in an application, that I might be able to build it
>on an active form and control it from a borland 5.02 application?

I cannot answer that. I do not know whether BC 5.02 supports ActiveX or
not. I doubt that it does, though. You will likely have to go back to your
original idea of wrapping the third-party ActiveX control in a BCB-created
DLL that BC++ can use.

Gambit

Thanks. Sometimes it is good just to have a sanity check. I have done
this.
Jeff Kish