Using VCL components to select a folder on disk

2004-01-24 09:29:49 PM
cppbuilder60
Hi & Thanks
I need to simply select a folder from inside a
VCL application under BCB6 ENT.
If I had to select a single file I should use
TOpenFile component, but, in case of a folder,
is there any similar direct way ?
Dave Potz

Re:Using VCL components to select a folder on disk

Dave Potz wrote in message
I need to simply select a folder [...]
Look at VCL Help for function: SelectDirectory(). Depending on parametes,
it can look like classic Windows "Browse for folder" or a special VCL style
directory selector...
I'm not sure but I think that if you use classic Windows style "Browse for
Folder" you cannot select network folders. Be reserved for this information
cos I cannot remember...
If you prefer to use API function to browse for folder 'SHBrowseForFolder()'
because of selection of network folders you'll need to add a special string
NO_WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
in Project/Options/Directories-Conditionals/Conditional Defines to avoid
some errors that will be produced by a compiler.
Vladimir.

"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Look at VCL Help for function: SelectDirectory().
Thanks very much Vladimir, I'll try
Dave Potz

{smallsort}

"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
you'll need to add a special string NO_WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
in Project/Options/Directories-Conditionals/Conditional Defines to avoid
some errors that will be produced by a compiler.
Only if you are using BCB 5 or 6. The errors do not occur under BCB 3 or 4.
Gambit

"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" wrote :
Only if you are using BCB 5 or 6. The errors do not>occur under BCB 3 or
4.
OK, I'm using BCB6,
Thanks Gambit
Dave