TOpenDialog: How to select a directory?

2004-03-03 01:42:55 PM
cppbuilder37
Hello,
how can I select a dir with this dialog? I thought it can be done by the
Filter property but there is no option for directories.
Any hints?

Re:TOpenDialog: How to select a directory?

Look up SelectDirectory() in help. It has 2 forms that do what you want. Try
both to find which one is best for you.
--
HTH Pete
=================================
"heinrich konrad" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello,

how can I select a dir with this dialog? I thought it can be done by the
Filter property but there is no option for directories.

Any hints?

Re:TOpenDialog: How to select a directory?

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:42:55 +0100, heinrich konrad wrote:
SelectDirectory();
--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester UK]

{smallsort}

Re:TOpenDialog: How to select a directory?

"heinrich konrad" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
how can I select a dir with this dialog?
You cannot. It is only for selecting files. To select a folder, use the
SelectDirectory() function instead.
Gambit

Re:TOpenDialog: How to select a directory?

AnsiString Dir=GetCurrentDir();
if (SelectDirectory("Choose a Directory :-",WideString(""),Dir))
Edit1->Text=Dir;
--
Mark Jacobs
DK Computing