how to connect my app with a internet explorer

2004-06-14 09:45:39 PM
cppbuilder41
Hi,
is it possible to connect my app to a internet explorer so that I can use is
like a TCppWebBrowser?
I don't wat to use a TCppWebBrowser in my app, but I want to work with the
real thing :P
Thanx,
Sander

Re:how to connect my app with a internet explorer

"Sander" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
is it possible to connect my app to a internet explorer so
that I can use is like a TCppWebBrowser?
Not exactly. It's much more complicated and involved. First
you would need to use CreateProcess which will return the
thread and process IDs for the new process.
You can then use EnumWindows to look for all windows belonging
to that process. Inside the callback function for EnumWindows
you can use GetWindowThreadProcessId to get the process ID for
a given window, compare it to the process ID of the original
process spawned, and if they match then use SendMessage to accomplish what you want.
~ JD

Re:how to connect my app with a internet explorer

Hmm. That sound's very complicated. Thanx for the answer.
--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Sander Heijselaar

"Sander" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>is it possible to connect my app to a internet explorer so
>that I can use is like a TCppWebBrowser?

Not exactly. It's much more complicated and involved. First
you would need to use CreateProcess which will return the
thread and process IDs for the new process.

You can then use EnumWindows to look for all windows belonging
to that process. Inside the callback function for EnumWindows
you can use GetWindowThreadProcessId to get the process ID for
a given window, compare it to the process ID of the original
process spawned, and if they match then use SendMessage to accomplish what
you want.

~ JD

{smallsort}