Converting components from Builder 4 to 6

2004-07-12 03:05:58 AM
cppbuilder18
Hi.
It might be that the answer to this question has been posted before,
but I am unable to find it.
I have a 3rd party component (with the source) that compiles fine in
C++ Builder 4. I now try to export it to C++ Builder 6, and find that
there have been some changes in Borlands tool API (at least I think
that is where the problem is).
When compiling the component, the linker comes up with a bunch of
unresolved externals. Some examples:
[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
Outline::TCustomOutline::~TCustomOutline()' referenced from
C:\DEVELOPMENT\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\LIB\BCBSMP.LIB|.\cdiroutl.cpp
[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
Outline::TOutlineNode::GetFullPath()' referenced from
C:\DEVELOPMENT\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\LIB\BCBSMP.LIB|.\cdiroutl.cpp
[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
Outline::TCustomOutline::SetStyle(Outline::TOutlineType)' referenced
from C:\DEVELOPMENT\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\LIB\BCBSMP.LIB|.\cdiroutl.cpp
So the linker cannot find Outline and TCustomOutline. But isn't this
is a standard part of VCL?
Would greatly appreciate some input!
Regards,
Lars Ove Claesson

Re:Converting components from Builder 4 to 6

Look at the post in this newsgoup :
From : Michele Santucci
Subject : Delphi component in C++ Builder 6
Date : 01/06/2004

Re:Converting components from Builder 4 to 6

From : Michele Santucci
Date : 01/06/2004

Many thanks!!!!
Lars Ove