Re: Why this error? "[Linker Error] Fatal: Access violation. Link

I don't think that is too big. I can get somthing similar only
if I have the .map file open in the Code Editor and the linker
option to generate Detailed Map file is ON.
Hi craig,
The option to generate Map file is OFF.
Were you able to re-produce the error?
any other ideas? anyone?
thanks,
Veebo

Re:Re: Why this error? "[Linker Error] Fatal: Access violation. Link

"Veebo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi craig,
The option to generate Map file is OFF.
Were you able to re-produce the error?

any other ideas? anyone?
What happens when you change that line to double *x; and then use x =
new double[4000000] ? In other words, use the heap.
Jonathan

Re:Re: Why this error? "[Linker Error] Fatal: Access violation. Link

What happens when you change that line to double *x; and then use x =
new double[4000000] ? In other words, use the heap.
Right. It works Jonathan. Thanks.
I had tried something similar that worked. Basically had a
(public) double pointer inside a class. Then I got an instance
of the class and in the form's consturctor I set the double
pointer = new double[4000000]. Same idea as you.
I'm just not satisfied with this trick though. For example
in my class instead of having one double pointer, what if I
had, hypothetically speaking, 9000000 double pointers???
I'm just still curious about what's happening inside BCB!!
I still want to know why the other method doesn't work??
Cheers,
Veebo

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Why this error? "[Linker Error] Fatal: Access violation. Link

"Veebo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm just not satisfied with this trick though. For example
in my class instead of having one double pointer, what if I
had, hypothetically speaking, 9000000 double pointers???

I'm just still curious about what's happening inside BCB!!
I still want to know why the other method doesn't work??
Maybe the linker is not happy or is not designed to handle such huge
stack allocations. I'd personally prefer to use the heap whenever I
started to need more than a meg of stack space instead of adjusting
the linker options etc.
Jonathan