Special characters in Memo or RichEdit

2007-04-01 02:35:30 AM
cppbuilder36
Hi friends
I have a program to edit Wikipedia pages. The pages are copied by
means of the clipboard to a TMemo, and copied back with the clipboard.
It turns out that some special characters, such as fractions, cannot
be displayed. Worse: they cannot be copied back.
I tried TRichEdit, but with the same result.
Is there a solution?
--
Jos?

Re:Special characters in Memo or RichEdit

maybe those special chars were images?

Re:Special characters in Memo or RichEdit

Hello Jos?
As a test I just clipped the '? character
into a TMemo in my app. No problem... Could
it be the font you're using? I'm trying to
think of other reasons... that's as far as
I've gotten so far...
HTH,
Bruce

{smallsort}

Re:Special characters in Memo or RichEdit

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 10:14:05 -0700, Bruce Larrabee
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
borland.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.using:
As a test I just clipped the '? character
into a TMemo in my app. No problem... Could
it be the font you're using? I'm trying to
think of other reasons... that's as far as
I've gotten so far...
I tried several fonts. I can copy the text to Notepad or MSWord (from
the clipboard) and it displays correctly with almost any font.
However, Notepad complains about Unicode when I try to save the file,
so apparently it's a Unicode character.
I got a complaint from another user that he could not use ?(U with
umlaut), while this character had no problem on my computer.
--
Jos?

Re:Special characters in Memo or RichEdit

Hi Jos?
I explored some of the aspects of handling
unicode recently. Some of the aspects of it
are quite involved. And I'd hardly call my
self 'knowledgeable'. But I agree that that
may be an issue.
HTH,
Bruce