Reference and Progressbar->Position

2006-01-15 07:45:09 AM
cppbuilder97
Dear user of the group,
I have the following problem: I cannot create a reference to
ProgressBar->Position.
The code causing the problem looks as follows:
int& x = ProgressBar1->Max;
As a result of compilation I get the following warning:
W8028 temporary used to initialize x.
ProgressBar1->Position is supposed to be of type int,
but it somehow is not so in result I get the warning.
Some temporary wariable is created and used to initialize x.
My question is, what is the exact type of ProgressBar->Position.
I can alternatively use also pointer to ProgressBar->Position,
but &(ProgressBar->Position) doesn't work.
Any suggestions?

Re:Reference and Progressbar->Position

"Pafcio" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Spat the Words
Dear user of the group,

I have the following problem: I cannot create a reference to
ProgressBar->Position.

The code causing the problem looks as follows:
int& x = ProgressBar1->Max;
As a result of compilation I get the following warning:
W8028 temporary used to initialize x.

ProgressBar1->Position is supposed to be of type int,
but it somehow is not so in result I get the warning.
Some temporary wariable is created and used to initialize x.

My question is, what is the exact type of ProgressBar->Position.
The exact type of ProgressBar->Position is int.

I can alternatively use also pointer to ProgressBar->Position,
but &(ProgressBar->Position) doesn't work.
Doesn't work for what ? What are you trying to do ?

Any suggestions?