getting call stack, out of IDE

2004-03-02 04:59:03 PM
cppbuilder44
hi there,
i m at present in the testing phase of my multiplyer game, which is getting
very difficult, and also cause of the fact that i cannot run all the
instance of the client in the IDE, i was looking for some way, to get the
CALL Stack of the function, which throws an exception (i dont think so its
possible outside IDE) is there any way ??
any suggetins for debugging multiplayer games ?

Re:getting call stack, out of IDE

"dumboo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
hi there,
i m at present in the testing phase of my multiplyer game, which is
getting
very difficult, and also cause of the fact that i cannot run all the
instance of the client in the IDE, i was looking for some way, to get the
CALL Stack of the function, which throws an exception (i dont think so its
possible outside IDE) is there any way ??

any suggetins for debugging multiplayer games ?
I've asked this question in the past. From what I can gather, it is
impossible to determine the stack trace once a vcl exception has occurred.
What I can't remember for sure is if its possible to determine the stack
trace after a std::exception occurs.
I program in both c++ and java and prefer c++ but java is far superior in
finding out where an exception occurs. It's easy to print out the stack
trace when an exception occurs in java. I really whish c++ provided this
functionality.
If you find any further information on c++ stack trace printing on
exceptions please let me know.