New version compatibility?

2007-01-30 07:48:19 AM
cppbuilder73
Greetings all,
I am currently using C++Builder 6.0, the about box shows :
"Borland C++Builder
Professional
Version 6.0 (Build 10.161)
Copyright 1983-2002 ..."
We have a new engineer with us and will need a new copy.
So,
my question is -
what are the differences between my old version, and the new version?
Will there be any compatibility issues between the two?
i.e. will our old projects (with various additional components) require any conversions or changes before they work on
the new version?
Any suggestions welcome.
Quentin

Re:New version compatibility?

"Quentin David Jones" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
what are the differences between my old version, and the new
version?
If by "new version", you are referring to BDS 2006, then there are
HUGE differences. It is a completely new IDE from the old one, and
C++ has finally caught up on YEARS of changes to the VCL.
Gambit

Re:New version compatibility?

I see,
Thanks.