TActionManager and TActionToolBar

2003-11-28 05:39:58 PM
cppbuilder43
HI,
I'am not sure if I do something wrong with this TActionManager stuff.
But- I encounted a problem of customizing TActionToolBars:
if the end user uses the customize dialog everthing he sets up
(adding, moving and deleting actions ) works fine except showing and
hiding tool bars.
Within the session the toolbars are shown or not according to the
user's setting. In the next session the user settings (only tool bar
settings) will not apply to the gui. They are visible as they were set
up at design time.
Does anybody has an idea about the ActionManager FileName format?
Also, if I use TControlBar to drop ActionToolBars onto. The position
and ordering of each TActionToolbar will not recretated correctly.
Does anyone can give me a hint?
thanx
Frank

Re:TActionManager and TActionToolBar

<Frank Rueskens>schrieb/wrote:
HI,
I'am not sure if I do something wrong with this TActionManager
stuff.

[...]

Does anyone can give me a hint?

thanx

Frank
try to use ActionManager->SaveToFile( "filename" ); at
end of program and ActionManager->LoadFromFile( "filename" );
at startup.
HTH, Christian

Re:TActionManager and TActionToolBar

Hi Christian,
well - I tried out what you've recommended - but it still ignores my
custom settings when it comes to the action bars.
I can't imagine that this is not working? I must do something wrong.
frank
"Christian Lotze" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:<bqesci$u3j$01$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
<Frank Rueskens>schrieb/wrote:

>HI,
>I'am not sure if I do something wrong with this TActionManager
>stuff.

[...]

>Does anyone can give me a hint?
>
>thanx
>
>Frank

try to use ActionManager->SaveToFile( "filename" ); at
end of program and ActionManager->LoadFromFile( "filename" );
at startup.

HTH, Christian

{smallsort}