Logging calls

2008-01-08 12:13:14 AM
cppbuilder101
I often find myself stepping through code and noting call iformation. Is
there a tool, or an ide extension api, that might allow me to to log to a
disk file each call made between two breakpoints ? I would ideally log the
info contained in the call stack view.
Thanks,
Denville.

Re:Logging calls

I think that what you're looking for is a profiler.
And no, afaik Builder doesn't come with a profiler.
--Onno
"Denville Longhurst" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I often find myself stepping through code and noting call iformation. Is
there a tool, or an ide extension api, that might allow me to to log to a
disk file each call made between two breakpoints ? I would ideally log the
info contained in the call stack view.

Thanks,

Denville.

Re:Logging calls

Thanks for that. I've never used a profiler, I think it does timing
analysis, do you think it would also log the actual calls so I could later
look at them?

news:47824f97$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I often find myself stepping through code and noting call iformation. Is
>there a tool, or an ide extension api, that might allow me to to log to a
>disk file each call made between two breakpoints ? I would ideally log
>the info contained in the call stack view.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Denville.

{smallsort}

Re:Logging calls

"Denville Longhurst" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Thanks for that. I've never used a profiler, I think it does timing
analysis, do you think it would also log the actual calls so I could later
look at them?
AQTime, by AutomatedQA does all kinds of application profiling, including
performance analysis, call logging, memory profiling, etc. Take a look
here: www.automatedqa.com/products/aqtime/index.asp
- Dennis

Re:Logging calls

Thanks for that.