BDS2007 with December Update, IDE Vanishes

2007-12-27 12:23:38 AM
cppbuilder67
I installed BDS2007 and then applied the December Update.
Then I converted our application from BDS2006 to BDS2007.
The IDE Vanishes sometimes when I am debugging. ( I suspect it is when I
move the mouse over a variable in the editor. )
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Larry Griffiths

Re:BDS2007 with December Update, IDE Vanishes

The IDE vanishes when I inspect a class pointer. The inspect does work on
some other variables in the project.
"Larry Griffiths" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I installed BDS2007 and then applied the December Update.

Then I converted our application from BDS2006 to BDS2007.

The IDE Vanishes sometimes when I am debugging. ( I suspect it is when I
move the mouse over a variable in the editor. )

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Larry Griffiths

Re:BDS2007 with December Update, IDE Vanishes

Another Team member can inspect the same class pointer just fine on a PC
running Vista.
Mine is failing on a PC running Windows XP.
"Larry Griffiths" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I installed BDS2007 and then applied the December Update.

Then I converted our application from BDS2006 to BDS2007.

The IDE Vanishes sometimes when I am debugging. ( I suspect it is when I
move the mouse over a variable in the editor. )

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Larry Griffiths

{smallsort}

Re:BDS2007 with December Update, IDE Vanishes

I changed some Project options in the Project Groups Executable and the
de{*word*81} appears to be working now and the IDE does not go away.
I set Linker/Linking to use Dynamic RTL and also checked "Build with runtime
packages" in the Packages section of the Project options.