ODBC Connection?

2007-02-22 07:56:33 AM
cppbuilder76
How,
I'm guessing this isn't the correct forum, but I was wondering if anybody
could point me in the right direction for connecting to a DB through ODBC
using C++Builder. I been searching through the borland site and can't find
anything. Thanks,
MGA

Re:ODBC Connection?

MGA wrote:
How,

I'm guessing this isn't the correct forum, but I was wondering if anybody
could point me in the right direction for connecting to a DB through ODBC
using C++Builder.
you can use TADOConnection and other ADO components

Re:ODBC Connection?

If you use those, do you have to distribute the BDE?

{smallsort}

Re:ODBC Connection?

Ron Sawyer wrote:
If you use those, do you have to distribute the BDE?

sorry, I'm not sure of it.

Re:ODBC Connection?

You do not need to distribute BDE if you will not connect to Paradox or DBF
files. You may also look for third-party components for ODBC.
//------------------------------------------
Regards,
Vassiliev V. V.
www.managed-vcl.com - using .Net objects in Delphi for Win32 +
ADO.Net
www.oledbdirect.com - The fastest way to access MS SQL Server,
MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB)
"Ron Sawyer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >сообщи?сообщила ?новостя?
следующе? news:45def3af$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
If you use those, do you have to distribute the BDE?

Re:ODBC Connection?

I will be using an MS Access file. I would prefer not to have to install
the BDE if I don't have to.
"Vassiliev V. V." < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
You do not need to distribute BDE if you will not connect to Paradox or
DBF
files. You may also look for third-party components for ODBC.

//------------------------------------------
Regards,
Vassiliev V. V.
www.managed-vcl.com - using .Net objects in Delphi for Win32 +
ADO.Net
www.oledbdirect.com - The fastest way to access MS SQL Server,
MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB)

"Ron Sawyer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >сообщи?сообщила ?новостя?
следующе? news:45def3af$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>If you use those, do you have to distribute the BDE?

Re:ODBC Connection?

Use TADOConnection and provider Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 - it is native OLEDB
provider that does not use ODBC. It is one of best options for MS Access, if
you have ADO components in your C++ Builder.
//------------------------------------------
следующе? news:45e04aca$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

news:45e02950$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>You do not need to distribute BDE if you will not connect to Paradox or
DBF
>files. You may also look for third-party components for ODBC.
>
>//------------------------------------------
>Regards,
>Vassiliev V. V.
>www.managed-vcl.com - using .Net objects in Delphi for Win32 +
>ADO.Net
>www.oledbdirect.com - The fastest way to access MS SQL Server,
>MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB)
>

>"Ron Sawyer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >сообщи?сообщила ?новостя?
>следующе? news:45def3af$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>If you use those, do you have to distribute the BDE?

Re:ODBC Connection?

Excellent, thanks!