Windows' ChooseColor() dialog...

2005-10-11 03:40:24 PM
cppbuilder34
Hi all,
I've got a non-VCL app using Windows' colour selection common dialog, and
I've got a CCHOOKPROC-conformant callback function in place so I can send
the dialog messages etc. if necessary. I'm also using CC_RGBINIT to select
the colour the user starts with (in fact, just in case it matters, I'm using
CC_ANYCOLOR | CC_ENABLEHOOK | CC_FULLOPEN | CC_RGBINIT).
Everything's working as expected, but I'm up against the old problem of
modifying the colour selection using the 'extended' side of the dialog when
the user hasn't clicked one of the 'basic' colours first. It's not a big
problem, I'd just like to improve the interface.
Does anyone know of a workaround for this issue?
Many thanks,
GT

Re:Windows' ChooseColor() dialog...

Everything's working as expected, but I'm up against the old problem of
modifying the colour selection using the 'extended' side of the dialog
when the user hasn't clicked one of the 'basic' colours first. It's not a
big problem, I'd just like to improve the interface.
Bizarre; further testing seems to suggest that this behaviour only occurs
when the initial colour is black (RGB 0,0,0) or white (RGB 255,255,255).
Any ideas?

Re:Windows' ChooseColor() dialog...

Bizarre; further testing seems to suggest that this behaviour only occurs
when the initial colour is black (RGB 0,0,0) or white (RGB 255,255,255).
Well, just in case anyone is listening, the problem was this: when the
luminosity slider is near minimum or maximum, the colour /is/ changing, it's
just you can't see any difference in the Color|Solid sample.
Sorted,
GT

{smallsort}