Programatically Send Exchange e-mail without pop-ups

2005-03-17 11:16:53 PM
cppbuilder12
Hey,
I've tried for a many weeks now to programatically send e-mail
without pop-ups. I've gotten past most hurdles, but this last one I
just can't figure out.
We have Exchange 5.5
Windows XP Client machine with Office XP
An MailBox on the Exchange Server created just for this purpose named
Alert
Outlook Security Settings configured for the Alert mailbox
Client registry key added to Look at Outlook Security Settings and
prevent security pop-ups for above mailbox.
Now my problem. I'm using Simple MAPI, and when I do the
MAPISendMail call, it pop-ups up an Login dialog, with the Exchange
Server & Administrator seems to be the only Login that is allowed.
We've reviewed the settings Exchange mailbox settings, and there
should be no reason for the pop-up. Has someone done this before, ran
into this problem before? Are there any pointers?
Basically I do the following in an 'test' project' I'm tyring to get
this working on:
Press a Button to Create a Alert Profile (I'm using the C++ code from
M$ Knowledge base to Create the Profile using the MAPI IProfAdmin
interface)
Fill out the Screen & press Send (which calls MAPISendMail after
setting everything up) - This is where it failes
Press a Button to Delete the Alert Profile (I'm using the opposite of
the create code here)
Anyone done this sucessfully, want to lend I hand, I just can't get
around the login pop-up. I get the Login pop-up when I create the
Profile using Outlook to create the profile as well, and when I try to
send e-mail using that profile in Outlook.
George

Re:Programatically Send Exchange e-mail without pop-ups

"George P Boutwell" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Now my problem. I'm using Simple MAPI, and when I do
the MAPISendMail call, it pop-ups up an Login dialog, with
the Exchange Server & Administrator seems to be the only
Login that is allowed.
Did you provide login credentials when connecting to SimpleMAPI prior to
sending the message? When calling MapiSendMail(), are you specifying the
MAPI_DIALOG or MAPI_LOGON_UI flags?
Gambit

Re:Programatically Send Exchange e-mail without pop-ups

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Now my problem. I'm using Simple MAPI, and when I do
>the MAPISendMail call, it pop-ups up an Login dialog, with
>the Exchange Server & Administrator seems to be the only
>Login that is allowed.

Did you provide login credentials when connecting to SimpleMAPI prior to
sending the message? When calling MapiSendMail(), are you specifying the
MAPI_DIALOG or MAPI_LOGON_UI flags?
No, I'm specifically trying to avoid these sort of UI. I want it to
be totally transparent (ie silent) to the user.
And I don't want to have to provide Adminsitrator's login credentials
in my application.
George

{smallsort}

Re:Programatically Send Exchange e-mail without pop-ups

"George P Boutwell" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
And I don't want to have to provide Adminsitrator's login
credentials in my application.
You have to provide login credentials in your code, otherwise MAPI won't
know which account to send the mail with. Hense the popup dialog so the
user can decide.
Gambit

Re:Programatically Send Exchange e-mail without pop-ups

You have to provide login credentials in your code, otherwise MAPI won't
know which account to send the mail with. Hense the popup dialog so the
user can decide.
There is, of course, SMTP. If the server provides MAPI, it will almost
certainly talk SMTP too.
(I've done SMTP under Perl. I've not done MAPI. I didn't see any reason
to do MAPI.)
Alan Bellingham
--
Me <url:mailto: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ><url:www.doughnut.demon.co.uk/>
ACCU - C, C++ and Java programming <url:accu.org/>

"Alan Bellingham" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
There is, of course, SMTP. If the server provides MAPI,
it will almost certainly talk SMTP too.
That is dependant on the server's actual configuration. SMTP could be
locked down separately from MAPI.
Gambit