Yippee! NGs back

2003-09-27 02:55:58 PM
cppbuilder17
Hi,
1) I'm seeing old messages (from 2001, 1997 even)?
2) When my newsreader wants to thread the messages, the sort order of
dates is wrong (mozilla thunderbird). Any of you having this problem
also? It doesn't happen with other servers.
Regards,
Micha.

Re:Yippee! NGs back

"Micha Nelissen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
1) I'm seeing old messages (from 2001, 1997 even)?
They were repopulated with the 500 most recent messages, which for
certain groups like the .announce ones with low or no traffic means they
got some really old messages.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Yippee! NGs back

Micha Nelissen wrote:
2) When my newsreader wants to thread the messages, the sort order of
dates is wrong (mozilla thunderbird). Any of you having this problem
also? It doesn't happen with other servers.
Try sorting by date rather than order received. The order received is
misleading.
I had the same problem. But after selecting thread view, from the menu I
picked View->Sort By->Date. The default had been by order received.
h^2

{smallsort}