Forms and Windows XP tablet

2004-05-30 11:55:48 PM
cppbuilder49
Not sure that this is non-technical but once again not sure where else
to post this.
I've developed a BCB application which a customer wants to use on a
tablet PC running Windows XP. The application is designed to take up
most of the tablet XP screen: the screen is 768 wide by 1024 high and
the app window is 768 by 800.
If the application is launched while the virtual keyboard is poppped
up, something very odd happens. A chunk of the main form is not
rendered _above_ the top of the virtual keyboard.
I could understand it if the virtual keyboard was drawn over the top of
my main form, but there's actually a bit of the screen backdrop visible
between the top of the virtual keyboard and the chopped-off bottom of
my form.
For those of you looking at this in a fixed pitch font. I'll try to
draw it:
My form:
+--------+
| top |
| middle |
| bottom |
+--------+
What we see on the table PC screen:
+--------+
| top |
| middle |
xxxxxxxxxx <-- bit of screen backdrop
+--------+
| kbd |
+--------+
I haven't got the faintest idea why this is happening. Any thoughts?
--
Simon Elliott www.ctsn.co.uk

Re:Forms and Windows XP tablet

On 30/05/2004, I wrote:
Not sure that this is non-technical but once again not sure where else
to post this.
Judging from the response, this was obviously the wrong place :-)
I'm going to repost this in *.vcl.components.using.
--
Simon Elliott www.ctsn.co.uk