Printing a file

2004-07-21 02:59:10 AM
cppbuilder86
I writing a GUI application and have most of it done. i just need to
integrate the print functionality. i was looking at the help for the win32
api and it says to use PageSetupDlg () and not PrintDlg ().
i can get the information, but how do i actually print the data? does anyone
have an example of printing with pure win32 api?
aloha,
mike

Re:Printing a file

mike wrote:
I writing a GUI application and have most of it done. i just need to
integrate the print functionality. i was looking at the help for the win32
api and it says to use PageSetupDlg () and not PrintDlg ().

i can get the information, but how do i actually print the data? does anyone
have an example of printing with pure win32 api?
I don't use PrintDlg.
The following is commented out of my code, so this might not be 100%
PrintDlg(&pd);
printerDC=pd.hDC
/* set up your own font */
oldPrinterFont=setup_font(rows,cols);
DOCINFO lpdi = {0};
lpdi.cbSize=sizeof(DOCINFO);
lpdi.lpszDocName=ReportLabel;
lpdi.lpszOutput=(pd.Flags & PD_PRINTTOFILE) ? "FILE:" : NULL;
//NULL for printerDC
lpdi.lpszDatatype="RAW"; // Windows 95 only; ignored on
Windows NT
lpdi.fwType=0; // Banding: Windows 95 only;
ignored on Windows NT
printerJob=StartDoc(printerDC,&lpdi);
if( printerJob<1 )
{ /* probably should report the error */
SelectObject(printerDC,oldPrinterFont); //restore
original font
DeleteObject(printerFont);
DeleteDC(printerDC);
return FALSE;
};
StartPage(printerDC);
SetTextAlign(printerDC,TA_LEFT+TA_TOP+TA_NOUPDATECP);
SetBkMode (printerDC, TRANSPARENT);
return TRUE;
See also Google "Groups" search for
"bob gonder" "how to print a string"