Need advise about connecting to a web server

2006-03-06 04:20:49 PM
cppbuilder30
I want to connect to my banks web server and check my balance. I am
starting from scratch. I want to do this using C++Builder2006. Does any
one know of a tutorial for something like this? IF not does anyone know
how to go about it?
John.

Re:Need advise about connecting to a web server

"John Grabner" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I want to connect to my banks web server and check my balance. I am
starting from scratch. I want to do this using C++Builder2006.
My advice: Don't!
Unless, of course, you look forward to calling your bank and explaining
why - due to a small coding error on your part - you have transferred your
entire bank balance to O.B.Laden, and can you please have it back?
Also, your bank's T&C's likely prohibit such activities, and they don't take
kindly to people accessing their system in new and interesting ways.
But, if you were mad enough to attempt this, you'd probably use an
TIdHTTPClient to build a web 'robot' which accesses the correct pages, logs
you in and then "s{*word*99}es" the balance figures from the resulting HTML
returned. I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
- Roddy

news:440bf0de$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I want to connect to my banks web server and check my balance. I am starting
>from scratch. I want to do this using C++Builder2006.

But, if you were mad enough to attempt this, you'd probably use an
TIdHTTPClient to build a web 'robot' which accesses the correct pages, logs
you in and then "s{*word*99}es" the balance figures from the resulting HTML
returned. I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
Then you could extend the application to handle any online bank account
system. After that, you can do a "port scan" approach to obtaining valid bank
account numbers and passwords, in order to snoop around the other accounts
that the bank holds. Eventually, you may even be privileged enough to receive
a nocturnal visit from some of her majesty's top MI5 men. Good luck!
--
Mark Jacobs
DK Computing

{smallsort}

John Grabner wrote:
I want to connect to my banks web server and check my balance.
Normally one does such a thing with a browser isn't it ?
I am
starting from scratch. I want to do this using C++Builder2006.
You can start using TCppWebBrowser for the browser part.
You could also use a HTTP component to request pages and to
post forms.
What do you have in mind ?
Hans.

Roddy Pratt wrote:
Also, your bank's T&C's likely prohibit such activities, and they don't take
kindly to people accessing their system in new and interesting ways.
Why would they ? If you can do it with a browser one can use it's own isn't it ?
But, if you were mad enough to attempt this,
It is not a mad idea wanting to do this. It is perfectly ok. Don't
forget we are programmers here.
you'd probably use an
TIdHTTPClient to build a web 'robot' which accesses the correct pages, logs
you in and then "s{*word*99}es" the balance figures from the resulting HTML
returned.
Good advise.
I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
Yes. Unless you could augment your bankbalance with it. <g>
I don't know what a bargpole is but why suggest that the resulting
software would not be ok ?
Hans.

"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I don't know what a bargpole is but why suggest that the resulting
software would not be ok ?
A bargepole is a 3 metre long piece of wood for propelling barges.
--
Mark Jacobs
DK Computing

Mark Jacobs wrote:
A bargepole is a 3 metre long piece of wood for propelling barges.
All these words that I never heard of.
And a barge would be a floating piece of wood suitable as personal transporter ?
Hans.