Re: C++Builder product shipment delayed?

2005-11-30 09:09:34 PM
cppbuilder21
I pre-ordered, they have my e-mail, and I haven't heard anything either.
Simon Hooper wrote:
I pre-ordered C++Builder 2006 a couple of weeks ago but have not had a
similar email from Borland. Am I alone?

Simon
<snip>

Re:Re: C++Builder product shipment delayed?

My dealer just mailed that I will receive the version with complete c++
functionality in middle januari. I definitely prefer to get all in one box
this way. A month's delay doesn't mean much. I think Borland has handled the
info about the delay well this time and chosen the right way. mvh hans
"Kevin" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i meddelandet
Michael McCulloch wrote:
>Customers who pre-ordered Delphi 2006 or C#Builder 2006 will receive
>this initial release so they can immediately take advantage of the
>many new features for Delphi and C#.
>
>Customers who pre-ordered C++Builder 2006 will be shipped the updated
>version with complete C++Builder 2006 functionality in January.

To avoid any ambiguity this should probably have been changed to:

Customers who pre-ordered C++Builder 2006 will not receive this initial
release but will be shipped the updated version with complete C++Builder
2006 functionality in January.

Although it seems to be quite clearly implied here.

So.... if you really want the preview C++Builder then it seems as if you'd
have to change your pre-order to C#Builder or Delphi instead.

Cheers,
Kevin.