BC++ 5.01 can't find BIVBX30.dll

2005-09-08 02:53:47 PM
cppbuilder25
OK, I have just installed BC++ after many years of it being on the shelf.
Was actually a little surprised it still installed.
In any case, I am running WinXP SP2 and after I installed BC++ 5.01 I got
the error "Can't find BIVBX30.dll and none of my toolbar buttons or any of
the borland buttons on any of the dialogues in the IDE are visible when I
run the IDE.
I used all the default directories as well and the path line seems to be
fine.
So, what do I have to do to make it see that DLL? I am sure this will cause
further problems later with other DLLs as well.
Thanks in advance.

Re:BC++ 5.01 can't find BIVBX30.dll

"Sam" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
OK, I have just installed BC++ after many years of it being on the shelf.
Was actually a little surprised it still installed.

In any case, I am running WinXP SP2 and after I installed BC++ 5.01 I got
the error "Can't find BIVBX30.dll and none of my toolbar buttons or any of
the borland buttons on any of the dialogues in the IDE are visible when I
run the IDE.

I used all the default directories as well and the path line seems to be
fine.

So, what do I have to do to make it see that DLL? I am sure this will cause
further problems later with other DLLs as well.

Thanks in advance.

If you have a WINNT directory on your CD, copy the contents of
it to your WINDOWS directory. This might solve the problem.

Re:BC++ 5.01 can't find BIVBX30.dll

Windows XP handles DLL's a bit differently.
Start by opening Windows Explorer and finding bc.exe Right click its icon
and select Properties|Compatability and set the compatability to Windows 95.
If it still gives trouble, search the disk for bivbx30.dll. It will
probably be in \windows or \windows\system. Copy it to the compiler's BIN
directory. Repeat for any other dll's it complains about not being able to
find.
. Ed
Sam wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

OK, I have just installed BC++ after many years of it being on the shelf.
Was actually a little surprised it still installed.

In any case, I am running WinXP SP2 and after I installed BC++ 5.01 I got
the error "Can't find BIVBX30.dll and none of my toolbar buttons or any of
the borland buttons on any of the dialogues in the IDE are visible when I
run the IDE.

I used all the default directories as well and the path line seems to be
fine.

So, what do I have to do to make it see that DLL? I am sure this will
cause further problems later with other DLLs as well.

{smallsort}

Re:BC++ 5.01 can't find BIVBX30.dll

Thank you Ed and Mohsen,
Copying the Winnt folder contents actually fixed it. It let all my
dialogues, etc work but at first I couldnt see my toolbar but found it under
the options|environment menu. It apparently isn't visible by default. I had
to dig through the menus to find it :(.

news:432021f1$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Windows XP handles DLL's a bit differently.
>
>Start by opening Windows Explorer and finding bc.exe Right click its icon
>and select Properties|Compatability and set the compatability to Windows
>95.
>
>If it still gives trouble, search the disk for bivbx30.dll. It will
>probably be in \windows or \windows\system. Copy it to the compiler's BIN
>directory. Repeat for any other dll's it complains about not being able
>to find.
>
>. Ed
>
>>Sam wrote in message
>>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>
>>OK, I have just installed BC++ after many years of it being on the shelf.
>>Was actually a little surprised it still installed.
>>
>>In any case, I am running WinXP SP2 and after I installed BC++ 5.01 I got
>>the error "Can't find BIVBX30.dll and none of my toolbar buttons or any
>>of the borland buttons on any of the dialogues in the IDE are visible
>>when I run the IDE.
>>
>>I used all the default directories as well and the path line seems to be
>>fine.
>>
>>So, what do I have to do to make it see that DLL? I am sure this will
>>cause further problems later with other DLLs as well.

You can go to Options->Environment and make the tool bar visible.
Mohsen