Twine2 (aka mtbcc32) Pre-Release

2005-12-14 12:44:51 AM
cppbuilder87
Hello All,
Twine 2.0 is nearly completed, however I do not have enough big projects to
be able to test it enough to warrant releasing it yet, so I am asking you
if you could be my beta-testers.
This new version has some core changes from the old one and even on my
small projects it is showing speed gains. Please could you report ALL bugs,
plus as many performance figures that you can.
Thank you all.
www.jomitech.com/download1.php
Jonathan

Re:Twine2 (aka mtbcc32) Pre-Release

PS. Instructions:
Unzip into BCB\Bin. Then use as you would the older mtbcc32,
excluding -threads, -equalize, -debug, -smartdist.
Jonathan

Re:Twine2 (aka mtbcc32) Pre-Release

Hello Jonathan,
I've downloaded the file, and tested it.
Now I get a speed increase of about 30% in my projects (where previous
mtbcc32 instead of saving time spent more), so it looks promising.
But, I have a problem with several of my projects, that it wasn't able to
compile. They give some errors about missing headers. I think it has to do
with relative paths, as in the projects that are failing some of the paths
in the include search paths are relative, with 2 or 3 levels (like
..\..\dir1 or dir2\dir3)
But looks really promising! I also notice that there the Compile Executor is
the app that it's taking the CPU resources, but only 50% of them (only one
processor). I guess this is normal?
--
Rodrigo Gómez
www.rodrigogomez.com.mx/gallery/
Hello All,

Twine 2.0 is nearly completed, however I do not have enough big projects
to be able to test it enough to warrant releasing it yet, so I am asking
you if you could be my beta-testers.

This new version has some core changes from the old one and even on my
small projects it is showing speed gains. Please could you report ALL
bugs, plus as many performance figures that you can.

Thank you all.

www.jomitech.com/download1.php

Jonathan

{smallsort}

Rodrigo Gómez wrote:
Hello Jonathan,

I've downloaded the file, and tested it.
My first reply :-)
Now I get a speed increase of about 30% in my projects (where previous
mtbcc32 instead of saving time spent more), so it looks promising.
Wow, I wasn't expecting this new version to be that much faster than the
old one.
But, I have a problem with several of my projects, that it wasn't
able to compile. They give some errors about missing headers. I think
it has to do with relative paths, as in the projects that are failing
some of the paths in the include search paths are relative, with 2 or
3 levels (like ..\..\dir1 or dir2\dir3)
I'll reply back with a debug enabled Twine soon.
But looks really promising! I also notice that there the Compile
Executor is the app that it's taking the CPU resources, but only 50%
of them (only one processor). I guess this is normal?
How many chips do you have ?
Jonathan

Re:Twine2 (aka mtbcc32) Pre-Release

Wow, I wasn't expecting this new version to be that much faster than the
old one.
Well... don't know what is it. Remember that I have problems with the old
one, maybe something to do with the HDD or so, but this one, in my case, is
faster than the stock compiler, and the old one is slower.
I'll reply back with a debug enabled Twine soon.
Great :-)
How many chips do you have ?
Only one, with HT. My dual core machine is due friday, but how knows... they
promised delivery in 2 weeks when we bought them, and that was one month and
a half ago... so... the first and last time we buy HP :-/
Regards,
--
Rodrigo Gómez
www.rodrigogomez.com.mx/gallery/

Re:Twine2 (aka mtbcc32) Pre-Release

Hello All,
A unexpected bug has arisen in Twine, and so the release has had to be put
off for a while. Keep checking here for updates.
Jonathan

Re:Twine2 (aka mtbcc32) Pre-Release

Hi,
We will certainly help you test it. Our project compiles to 25MB and is a
nightmare to build in C++ Builder 6.
I'll let you know how we get on.
Thanks
Simon

Simon Farmer wrote:
We will certainly help you test it. Our project compiles to 25MB and
is a nightmare to build in C++ Builder 6.

I'll let you know how we get on.
Please don't use this version. I'm busy fixing a major bug in it.

Jonathan Benedicto wrote:
Please don't use this version. I'm busy fixing a major bug in it.
I tried it before you wrote that it had a bug, but it didn't work.
message box: Could not bind socket. Address and port are already in use.
then compiler errors:
E2075 Incorrect project override option: threads2
E2075 Incorrect project override option: compilerprogram
I'll certainly try it once it's ready.
Tom

Tamas Demjen wrote:
I tried it before you wrote that it had a bug, but it didn't work.
I discovered this bug after another person encountered include problems,
and I was adding debug info.
I'll certainly try it once it's ready.
Thank you very much.
Jonathan

Re:Twine2 (aka mtbcc32) Pre-Release

I also had this problem, but I tought that it was because the Windows
Firewall, as it was asking to unblock the program.... for the other projects
that it compiled successfully it worked fine.
--

Rodrigo Gómez wrote:
I also had this problem, but I tought that it was because the Windows
Firewall, as it was asking to unblock the program.... for the other
projects that it compiled successfully it worked fine.
No it was a bug in the code. Hopefully the new version will be out soon.
Jonathan

Re:Twine2 (aka mtbcc32) Pre-Release

Hello All,
Pre-Release v2 is now out. Many bugs have been fixed in this version.
As before, please could you report ALL bugs, plus as many performance
figures that you can.
Thank you for your patience.

Rodrigo Gómez wrote:
Well... don't know what is it. Remember that I have problems with the
old one, maybe something to do with the HDD or so, but this one, in
my case, is faster than the stock compiler, and the old one is slower.
Well, I hope that this trend keeps up.
Great :-)
I've finally released it. I'm sorry about the delay, but I uncovered lots
of bugs in the other version that needed fixing. Please just download it
from here, www.jomitech.com/download1.php and when
you initiate your compile and the executor box comes up, just check the
Debug box and re-make.
Only one, with HT. My dual core machine is due friday, but how
knows... they promised delivery in 2 weeks when we bought them, and
that was one month and a half ago... so... the first and last time we
buy HP :-/
Well, HT should be able to take 2 threads.

Simon Farmer wrote:
We will certainly help you test it. Our project compiles to 25MB and
is a nightmare to build in C++ Builder 6.
I've just finished the pre-release version 2, please could you download and
use this one instead.