Turbo C++ Explorer - first day review

I've installed Turbo C++ Explorer.
The download was fine, I used the official site, but new mirrors are adding
by now.
The license file was send me by email automatically (I was registred in
BDN): COOL! No need to fill web-forms.
I've made the sample 'Hello World' (VCL version): child's play.
After that I tested some features like refactoring: it simple worked (tested
on classes, on data members)! At first I didnt notice that there is a
preview mode, but I really liked.
I'm still learning the components included (mmm, there is a component to
send an email?), 200+ components... I'm just reading 'TActionList'.
I guess in the following days I will ask for particular help on some
components, by now I'm pretty happy.
Saludos
Sebastian

Re:Turbo C++ Explorer - first day review

Hi,
I test it and all is fine. But I found there is no ATL support.
Eric
"Sebastian Ledesma [Solidyne Labs]" <labo[no_sp@m]solidyne1.com>¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:44fe20ba$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Sebastian Ledesma [Solidyne Labs] wrote:
I've installed Turbo C++ Explorer.
All looks to work. That Turbo C++ Explorer comes from -or is
the same as- Borland Developer Studio C++Builder part is obvious.
Also those names are visible on many places.
My big disappointment until now is that I don't find
TServerSocket/TClientSocket. I have so many projects that
use these components (in bcb5).
Now I have read before that with BDS one had to install them
separately. Is that possible here? I'm confused. What to
use else? Were not TTcpServer/TTcpClient for Kylix?
Also the setup claimed to install Indy. But there are no Indy components.
Need some advice.
Hans.

{smallsort}

Re:Turbo C++ Explorer - first day review

Now I have read before that with BDS one had to install them
separately. Is that possible here? I'm confused. What to
use else? Were not TTcpServer/TTcpClient for Kylix?
Hi Hans,
unfortunately, only PRO edition seems to give the possibility to
create new components or add external components, have a look
here:
bdn.borland.com/article/33659
Stefano.

Re:Turbo C++ Explorer - first day review

Hans:
The 'Explorer' version allows to explore the c++ personality of BDS.
You can't add components to the palette, but you can use Indy and others
by creating then at runtime: they work great!
I don't know about TServerSocket/TClientSocket, I'm not BCB5 user, but
perhaps they are deprecated in favour of other components.
Saludos
Sebastian
"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
Sebastian Ledesma [Solidyne Labs] wrote:
>I've installed Turbo C++ Explorer.

All looks to work. That Turbo C++ Explorer comes from -or is
the same as- Borland Developer Studio C++Builder part is obvious.
Also those names are visible on many places.

My big disappointment until now is that I don't find
TServerSocket/TClientSocket. I have so many projects that
use these components (in bcb5).

Now I have read before that with BDS one had to install them
separately. Is that possible here? I'm confused. What to
use else? Were not TTcpServer/TTcpClient for Kylix?

Also the setup claimed to install Indy. But there are no Indy components.

Need some advice.

Hans.

Re:Turbo C++ Explorer - first day review

BDS has TTcpClient and TTcpServer as well as TUdpSocket
HTH Pete
<labo[no_sp@m]solidyne1.com>wrote in message
Hans:

The 'Explorer' version allows to explore the c++
personality of BDS.
You can't add components to the palette, but you can use
Indy and others
by creating then at runtime: they work great!
I don't know about TServerSocket/TClientSocket, I'm not
BCB5 user, but
perhaps they are deprecated in favour of other components.

Re:Turbo C++ Explorer - first day review

Sebastian Ledesma [Solidyne Labs] wrote:
I don't know about TServerSocket/TClientSocket, I'm not BCB5 user, but
perhaps they are deprecated in favour of other components.
#include <Scktcomp.hpp>
Now I could create a TServerSocket at runtime.
It works. Also <F1>knows about them.
Great.
But I still have to add the code for creating and assigning eventhandlers.
Well ok. I got it all for free.
Sebastian, thank you for inspiring me.
Hans.