super cool code navigation in bcb6

2007-03-09 02:47:52 AM
cppbuilder80
I would love to see better code navigation in bcb 07.
I have made a way cool feature to the bcb6 IDE that has helped me a
great deal. It is based on the free ClassExplorer Pro from toolsfactory
and a free tool call autohotkey.
Basically, Class explorer pro supports a Quick Code find that will find
the implementation of any function (THIS IS FREAKIN QUICK TOO) via a hot
key. It also supports a browse back function.
Therefore, using autohotkey, I set up the quick find to work with the
middle mouse button and the browse back with the back button on my mouse.
I did this and OMG it was great. Code navigation has never been better.
Hotkey program...
www.autohotkey.com/
Hotkey script...
#IfWinActive ahk_class TEditWindow
XButton1::Send ^!{Backspace}
MButton::Send ^!{F12}
#IfWinActive
Dave

Re:super cool code navigation in bcb6

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:47:52 -0500, daver < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I would love to see better code navigation in bcb 07.
Ditto. One feature I like in Xcode on OS X is the popup that appears
in the filename tab that allows you to select functions/methods from
the popup list and jumps to them in the code. The are grouped in the
popup by class. The popup on OS X seems to populate quickly in a
separate thread from the editor.
I don't much care for the tree view as currently implemented in BDS.
For one thing, the silly thing doesn't stay expanded when you switch
files in the editor. It should remember state when switching between
files.
---
Michael McCulloch