New C++ book featuring C++ Builder

2007-09-23 09:46:09 PM
cppbuilder68
Hey,
I just ran across a new (future) book based around C++ Builder. The
publisher is Springer. Just thought I'd mention it as you don't see too many
books highlighting C++ Builder nowadays. Of course, it would be nice if they
removed Borland from the title and replaced it with CodeGear.
You can search and find the following book on Amazon:
C++ with Borland C++Builder : An Introduction to the ANSI/ISO Standard and
Object-Oriented Windows Programming (Paperback)

Re:New C++ book featuring C++ Builder

thanks. ill put it on my list of books. here's a link
www.amazon.com/C%2B%2B-Borland-C%2B%2BBuilder-Introduction-Object-Oriented/dp/3540010270/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/103-7246167-2939064?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190578916&sr=8-4

geikelite wrote:
Hey,

I just ran across a new (future) book based around C++ Builder. The
publisher is Springer. Just thought I'd mention it as you don't see too many
books highlighting C++ Builder nowadays. Of course, it would be nice if they
removed Borland from the title and replaced it with CodeGear.

You can search and find the following book on Amazon:

C++ with Borland C++Builder : An Introduction to the ANSI/ISO Standard and
Object-Oriented Windows Programming (Paperback)

Richard Kaiser has proposed C++Builder books before that have never
materialized.
See
groups.google.com/group/borland.public.cppbuilder.non-technical/browse_thread/thread/ab0ed074cfba7acf/38581c97331e0c11&q=&rnum=1#38581c97331e0c11
or
tinyurl.com/37bcq3
Danzer

{smallsort}

Re:New C++ book featuring C++ Builder

Hi geikelite,
Just thought I'd mention it as you don't see too many
books highlighting C++ Builder nowadays.
That's true, as many publishers don't want to publish books for
C++Builder either (SAMS was the last one), so I decided to self-publish
some stuff on Lulu.com now, starting with a small one, but with more
topics/ideas in mind for the future. The next one will be about web
development, covering webbroker, WebSnap as well as IntraWeb (although I
may split it in two and have a seperate IntraWeb one)...
See stores.lulu.com/cbuilder for details
Groetjes,
Bob Swart
CodeGear Technology Partner -- CodeGear RAD Studio Reseller (BeNeLux)
Blog: www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: eBob42.com/weblog.xml

Re:New C++ book featuring C++ Builder

Well, I for one, will buy anything on intraweb...particularly if its about
the c++ CG2007 version...
We really like the new CG2007.
"Bob Swart" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi geikelite,

>Just thought I'd mention it as you don't see too many books highlighting
>C++ Builder nowadays.

That's true, as many publishers don't want to publish books for C++Builder
either (SAMS was the last one), so I decided to self-publish some stuff on
Lulu.com now, starting with a small one, but with more topics/ideas in
mind for the future. The next one will be about web development, covering
webbroker, WebSnap as well as IntraWeb (although I may split it in two and
have a seperate IntraWeb one)...

See stores.lulu.com/cbuilder for details

Groetjes,
Bob Swart

CodeGear Technology Partner -- CodeGear RAD Studio Reseller (BeNeLux)
Blog: www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: eBob42.com/weblog.xml

Re:New C++ book featuring C++ Builder

The German edition of this book
C++ mit dem Borland C++Builder 2007
Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg; ISBN: 978-3-540-69575-2
is in print and will be available by the end of october. The English
edition will still need some time.
More information (in German):
www.rkaiser.de/
A pdf with the exercises and solutions (589 pages) gives an impression
of the topics covered
www.rkaiser.de/rkaiser/CB2007_Buch/CB2007_AufgLsg.pdf
Richard Kaiser
geikelite schrieb:
Hey,

I just ran across a new (future) book based around C++ Builder. The
publisher is Springer. Just thought I'd mention it as you don't see too many
books highlighting C++ Builder nowadays. Of course, it would be nice if they
removed Borland from the title and replaced it with CodeGear.

You can search and find the following book on Amazon:

C++ with Borland C++Builder : An Introduction to the ANSI/ISO Standard and
Object-Oriented Windows Programming (Paperback)

Re:New C++ book featuring C++ Builder

i will be purchasing the book bob. thanks!

Re:New C++ book featuring C++ Builder

Bob Swart yazm?s,:
Hi geikelite,

>Just thought I'd mention it as you don't see too many books
>highlighting C++ Builder nowadays.

That's true, as many publishers don't want to publish books for
C++Builder either (SAMS was the last one), so I decided to self-publish
some stuff on Lulu.com now, starting with a small one, but with more
topics/ideas in mind for the future. The next one will be about web
development, covering webbroker, WebSnap as well as IntraWeb (although I
may split it in two and have a seperate IntraWeb one)...

See stores.lulu.com/cbuilder for details

Groetjes,
Bob Swart

stores.lulu.com/cbuilder this site does not answer fro me.
Sabetay

Re:New C++ book featuring C++ Builder

After much cogitation, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
Bob Swart yazm?s,:
>Hi geikelite,

stores.lulu.com/cbuilder this site does not answer fro me.

Sabetay

It is working for me right now.
Doug