using old 5.02 ide with newer compiler

2006-11-21 01:09:45 AM
cppbuilder104
greetings.
Is it true that if I take steps to configure the 5.02 ide with the
newer commandline compiler, that:
1 - I need to switch to OwlNext
2 - I lose the use of the de{*word*81}
Does anyone have a rough estimate on the work involved?
thanks for the clarification
Jeff
Jeff Kish

Re:using old 5.02 ide with newer compiler

"Jeff Kish" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >a écrit dans le message de news:
XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
greetings.

Is it true that if I take steps to configure the 5.02 ide with the
newer commandline compiler, that:
1 - I need to switch to OwlNext
Yes, I think.
Thats what I did anyway.
2 - I lose the use of the de{*word*81}
No, The de{*word*81} still works.
There is one trick that you need to do.
Before starting to debug, if you just recompiled, you need to quit the IDE
and restart it.
If you don't do that the IDE gets some time out of sync between the debugged
code and the line it is showing you.

Does anyone have a rough estimate on the work involved?

I use the following configuration:
Framework: OwlNext
IDE: Borland C++ 5.02
Compiler: Free 5.5 comand line compiler.
Utilities: Tools 55 (allows to combine the IDE with the comand line
compiler)
I also use JIdeTool, it include some usefull utilities (like sorting the
project tree)
There utilities can be downloaded from Jogy's web site at:
personal.sirma.bg/Jogy/addons.html
In my case it took more time to install OnwNext, Compile it and configure
the IDE than it took to convert the applications themself.
Hope this helps
--
Regis St-Gelais
www.laubrass.com