One Large Bitmap or many small ones

I have many thousands of pictures I wish to display at different times. Some
of them may be on the screen many times (tiles). Is it better to have a
large Bitmap that I just copy the selected square from, or many small
bitmaps in list a image list and draw from there.

Brian

Re:One Large Bitmap or many small ones

Brian Gantzler wrote:

> I have many thousands of pictures I wish to display at different times. Some
> of them may be on the screen many times (tiles). Is it better to have a
> large Bitmap that I just copy the selected square from, or many small
> bitmaps in list a image list and draw from there.

> Brian

Depends, if all of the bitmaps are the same height and width, you could
probably get away with using one big one since you would know where one
ends and the next begins. If, however, the bitmaps have diferent height
and width, you would probably be better off with an ImageList.

Nebuchanezzer

Other Threads