Using D5 objects as objects in a BCB4 project

Hi!

We have created a D5 package containing objects for various financial
instruments.
This package is used in the main application (D5), with object
inspectors, GUI and all
the other stuff our users like so much. We also wanted to use these
objects
as as objects (not as function calls to a DLL) in our new calculation
routines which are
written in BCB4. We thought that a BPL would be the right way -
unfortunately, BCB still
uses vcl*40.bpl.

Does anyone know how to use D5 objects in a BCB4 project?

Thanks,
Christoph Sator

  christoph.sator.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Using D5 objects as objects in a BCB4 project

You can't.  D5 uses VCL5.0, BCB4 uses VCL4.0 so the VMT's won't match up for
one.  One option is to rebuild the bpl as a BCB4 bpl, but you can't use a D%
binary with BCB4.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.

Other Threads